Success posting on Craigslist to find motivated sellers?

Success posting on Craigslist to find motivated sellers?

Retired · Las Vegas/Henderson, NV · Member since 2010 · 21 posts · 3 votes

Has anyone had success posting on Craigslist to find motivated sellers in the Las Vegas, NV area?

0Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Residential Real Estate Agent · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2013 · 803 posts · 689 votes
10y

I have craigslist ads out for wanting to buy properties and none have converted into a solid lead to buy yet but I have converted a couple of them into listings as a realtor. I find being more specific about what you are looking for and naming the exact city you are looking in helps. Everyone has the generic "we buy houses" ads and such. Be different. 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · El Paso, TX · Member since 2015 · 379 posts · 201 votes
    10y

    The majority of sellers you find on craigslist that respond to you are going to be wholesalers. Most motivated sellers will post their properties for sale and allow the people to call them unless you directly market to them. 

  • Robert AdamsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Henderson, NV · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 373 votes
    10y

    You would be better off cold calling the for sale by owner section of CL

    The Adams Team at Rothwell Gornt Companies4.970 Reviews
  • Birmingham , AL · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Robert Adams have you had any success with this strategy?
  • Retired · Las Vegas/Henderson, NV · Member since 2010 · 21 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Thanks fellow BPers,

    I'm attempting to fine tune my strategies at this time.  Sometimes you hear of strategies that may work in some areas, but won't get the same results in yours.  Cold calls and putting together a direct marketing letter at this time,

    I'll let you know if it has any success,

     I greatly appreciate your input,

    Happy investing

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2013 · 803 posts · 689 votes
    10y

    I have craigslist ads out for wanting to buy properties and none have converted into a solid lead to buy yet but I have converted a couple of them into listings as a realtor. I find being more specific about what you are looking for and naming the exact city you are looking in helps. Everyone has the generic "we buy houses" ads and such. Be different. 

  • Specialist · Roanoke, TX · Member since 2015 · 96 posts · 36 votes
    10y

    So far i've found that craigslist (atlas in my area) has been taken over by other investors, BUT free fsbo marketing online is still a smart idea to get your name out there. 

    Posting 1 ad every so often will get you nothing. 

    Consistency is key! Google other fsbo sites that you can market on. post OFTEN and multiple advertisements on each site. you must make each of them different. 
    Goodluck! (:

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.