Marketing to Probate Attorneys - Yay or Nay?

Marketing to Probate Attorneys - Yay or Nay?

Detroit, MI · Member since 2012 · 170 posts · 21 votes

I've marketing to Executors/PR's for probate cases for years now.

Since my wife is an agent, we offer cash offers as well as the ability to list properties in our marketing campaign for Executors.

I recently started taking note of the attorneys attached to the probate cases that I review.  I've been thinking about starting a new campaign to reach out to attorneys that I know have been recently involved in probate cases.

The goal would be for attorneys to recommend us as options when they take-on cases that contain real estate that the Executor is going to want to liquidate.

On one hand, since attorneys tend to encourage their clients to make as much as they can off of the properties, this could be a smart move, since we are able to list their client's inherited properties...

...on the other hand, I think to myself, "But what if the attorney doesn't have that much influence?"  

What are your thoughts on marketing to attorneys in this manner?

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · St. Thomas, Ontario · Member since 2015 · 692 posts · 312 votes
10y

Alvin, what's the worst outcome? A bunch of attorneys throw out your flyer, a few call you an amateur while turning up their noses and a few bring you awesome deals and you gain business. 

If that's the worst, what's the best that could happen?

Do it. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Greater LA/Orange County area, CA · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    Probably "Nay" until you have at least a hundred deals or more closed. 

    Attorneys want experienced professionals only and not some new, wannabies mailing crsppy flyers. 

    You need to add value, not just take away deal leads.

  • Detroit, MI · Member since 2012 · 170 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    @Rick H. how do you know what level of experience I have?  I find it a little inappropriate to label some one you don't know a "new, wannabe."  

  • Lender · Greater LA/Orange County area, CA · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    You may have done thousands of deals. Re-read my post.

    If you have the exoerience, then by all means go for it. 

    Of course, if you do, why would you ask BP community?

  • Detroit, MI · Member since 2012 · 170 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    @Rick H. you are right, I apologize.  I misunderstood the context of what you were saying.

    I brought the topic up, because no one knows everything, and I was interested in having dialogue on the topic.

    I have experience, just no experience contacting attorney directly, which is why I brought it up to see what other professionals thought, in case others have already done it.

  • Investor · St. Thomas, Ontario · Member since 2015 · 692 posts · 312 votes
    10y

    Alvin, what's the worst outcome? A bunch of attorneys throw out your flyer, a few call you an amateur while turning up their noses and a few bring you awesome deals and you gain business. 

    If that's the worst, what's the best that could happen?

    Do it. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.