How to Find a Buyer Before Starting Renovations?

How to Find a Buyer Before Starting Renovations?

Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I am a relatively new investor and I have a condo that I would like to renovate and sell. I would like to find a buyer before the renovations start, so that I can build out the property to their taste.

What strategies and channels of advertising (Zillow, Craigslist, etc.) would be most effective?

Thank you very much in advance for all your help!

Mike

0Reply
12 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Account ClosedBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Ben Lomond, CA · Member since 2014 · 62 posts · 47 votes
    10y

    Your best bet is to find out which local Realtors are selling the most condo's in the area you are investing.  Look for listing signs or find the Brokerage with the most signs in your particular area and go visit them. Talk with them and let them know what you want to do. They may already have buyers lined up for condos that hit the market. At the very least, they will know what buyers are looking for so that you do not over improve, or worse spend money on improvements that buyers don't really like.  Make the local Realtors your friends. They have tons of market insights. You can also talk to the neighbors in the complex. They all have friends who might want to live in the complex too. Just get out there and talk to people who work the market and live in the market you are interested in.

  • Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Thank you so much for the advice. I already talk to realtors and I post add in all buildings,talk to the neighbors too. 

    Thanks again

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    You're really spinning your wheels trying to find a buyer for a renovated condo, before you rehab it.  Finding a buyer so you can make it perfect for them, sounds good, sort of, but it's not practical as most can't envision/specify what they really want, and finding a buyer to do it this way will be the needle in the haystack.  Update it similar to recently sold ones, with nothing unique or quirky.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.