Putting Together a Team - Lots of Questions

Putting Together a Team - Lots of Questions

Real Estate Investor · Aubrey, TX · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 6 votes

I am getting ready to make my first deal to flip a house ... and it's kind of scary. I have a couple properties in mind and I know I need to have some things lined up before I start. I know I need to have a team to be successful, but I am not sure who all should I have lined up to be on my team. 

General Contractors - how many do you usually have on your team? I worry about purchasing a house and then the contractor being too busy to begin work. But the clock is ticking ... How many contractors do you usually have on your teams? If anyone has any suggestions for companies in the DFW area, mostly north, please feel free to share.

Real Estate Agent - I know they need to be investor friendly. Any names of those in the area would be appreciated.

Attorney - Do you need an attorney lined up for a flip deal? If so, for what?

CPA/accountant

Inspector - someone listed this as a team member. Do I need an inspector on my team?

Financing- Anyone have recommendations on hard money lenders in the area? 

Are there any other team members that I will need to be successful for my first flip?

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

0Reply
20 views

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 95 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    Hey Cindy.

    I'm sorry no one has responded to your post! Maybe try posting in a different forum category. I can't help you find those good people unfortunately, but I think you're right about all of it. You can't know too many people that are good at what they do. Maybe you don't think you need to know a good mail man or veterinarian but it wouldn't hurt! 

  • Real Estate Investor · Aubrey, TX · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Thanks, @Trevor Smith. I appreciate your response. Do you know of an investor friendly realtor in the north Dallas area, or a lawyer?

  • Real Estate Investor · Aubrey, TX · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    If anyone else runs across this question, I just found this article on Bigger Pockets. It helps to answer some of the questions.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/20-team-members-newbies/

  • Investor · Wasilla, AK · Member since 2016 · 160 posts · 78 votes
    10y

    I work at Investable Realty where we specialize in investment properties. We have built a business around helping the investor get from Acquisition of the asset to end buyer. Message me if you have any questions

  • Investor · Wasilla, AK · Member since 2016 · 160 posts · 78 votes
    10y

    I have several GC's on hand that I have 100% faith in, a hard money lender at 10% 2pts and all other contacts necessary.

    Ps. Feel free to send me the addresses of your prospective acquisitions (with estimated rehab) and I'll run comps to get your ARV asap and recommend a top MAO for you. If you don't know rehab, send me several pics of all rooms, hvac,foundation and roof and I can give you a rough idea. A 3 minute video of property would be better

    Talk soon 

  • Investor · Allen, TX · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    I use Mark Brezette of Brezette Properties in Allen. He also manages properties and is an investor himself. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    @Brandon Richards hey Brandon, if you wouldn't mind sharing your GC contacts, I could certainly use a good one! I'm in Fort Worth, hope one will cover my area.

  • Real Estate Investor · Aubrey, TX · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Hey @Brandon Richards! Thanks so much! I would love to chat with you about your contacts. Will be sending you a colleague request as well so that you can share your phone number, or I will Google. I really appreciate the information you are will to share.

    Thanks, @Kevin Dias! I appreciate the input.

  • Investor · Wasilla, AK · Member since 2016 · 160 posts · 78 votes
    10y

    Longhorn GC

    Renovation Guru 

  • Real Estate Broker · North Richland Hills, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 607 votes
    10y

    @Cindy Murdoch, I'm also an investor-friendly Realtor, as well as an investor.   I'd be happy to help you out.

  • Real Estate Investor · Aubrey, TX · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Thanks, @Chris Soignier! I appreciate the offer. I will send you a connection request.

  • Real Estate Investor · Aubrey, TX · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Hey, @Chris Soignier, it would not let me send the connection request. It said I had already sent you one.

  • Real Estate Investor · Aubrey, TX · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    @Chris Soignier I do not know what real estate company you work for, so I cannot get your phone number.

  • Real Estate Broker · North Richland Hills, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 607 votes
    10y

    @Cindy Murdoch, I work for eXp Realty and own Soignier Properties, LLC.

    I sent you a PM with my # a couple of hours ago.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.