Looking for investor for JV in building spec homes

Looking for investor for JV in building spec homes

Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes

I have a small construction company in the Fort Myers, Fl area. I am looking to expand my business by building spec homes in the area. Can someone give me any advice in where or how to find an investor that might be interested, and what to look for in a potential investor for a JV.

0Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor and Home builder · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2016 · 52 posts · 45 votes
9y

My honest advice would be to do one with your own money/loan to iron out any kinks in your process. There are a lot of things you will learn when you do your first spec build and you do not want to do that with an investor's money on the line because if he/she does not make the projected returns, you possibly lose that investor for good.Is it possible for you to do one project with a construction loan?

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 97 posts · 33 votes
    9y

    Hi @Richard Scholl, 

    I would recommend going to a local BP meet up or join your local RE investment club/association. Just meet as many folks as you can, and start networking. Hope that is helpful! Cheers. 

    Brian Truman 

  • Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Thanks Brian,

    I am new to BP. How would I find and local meetings that I could attend?

  • Aaron T.Pro Member
    Developer · Aguada, PR · Member since 2014 · 927 posts · 279 votes
    9y

    Richard, what are you looking for? capital, contractors, lots?

  • Investor and Home builder · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2016 · 52 posts · 45 votes
    9y

    My honest advice would be to do one with your own money/loan to iron out any kinks in your process. There are a lot of things you will learn when you do your first spec build and you do not want to do that with an investor's money on the line because if he/she does not make the projected returns, you possibly lose that investor for good.Is it possible for you to do one project with a construction loan?

  • Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Aaron,

    Looking for working capital. I can purchase the property, but need help on the build. Could offer possibly up to a 8% return on the capital.

  • Real Estate Agent · Spring Hill, FL · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    @Richard Scholl if you expand up to Tampa area let me know...

  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 85 posts · 18 votes
    9y

    I have dirt cheap properties for sale in Tampa and surrounding areas! Great rehab deals!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.