Lakewood, CO · Member since 2009 · 11 posts · 0 votes
I'd like to hand write my bandit signs but don't know where to start. Anyone have resources where I could just get the sign raw material online? I'm from the Denver area, any ideas where I could buy it locally? Also, I'd like to set up an 800 number for this. Where could I go for this? Thanks. :D
Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
17y
Originally posted by Stacy Romero:
I'd like to hand write my bandit signs but don't know where to start. Anyone have resources where I could just get the sign raw material online? I'm from the Denver area, any ideas where I could buy it locally? Also, I'd like to set up an 800 number for this. Where could I go for this? Thanks. :D
You could just go to an art supply store and buy poster board or foam board in white or yellow and buy wooden stakes at home depot, lowes or somewhere like that. You can also look up free bandit signs, type it into google.
For buying houses most people use printed bandit signs and hand written signs for selling. The thought is that printed signs are more professional and represent an easy sale, where as hand written signs come off as being a desperate seller needing to sell asap (which should get lots of calls for your deals). Try out what your comfortable with and see what works for you and in your area. Signs are cheap so the good thing is you can change it up and find the best method and area and work it hard.
As far as the 800 #, look up toktumi, they have a plan for $14.95 a month and you can get an 800# or local. The only thing I don't like is no music on hold as of now. Good luck.
Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
17y
Originally posted by Stacy Romero:
I'd like to hand write my bandit signs but don't know where to start. Anyone have resources where I could just get the sign raw material online? I'm from the Denver area, any ideas where I could buy it locally? Also, I'd like to set up an 800 number for this. Where could I go for this? Thanks. :D
You could just go to an art supply store and buy poster board or foam board in white or yellow and buy wooden stakes at home depot, lowes or somewhere like that. You can also look up free bandit signs, type it into google.
For buying houses most people use printed bandit signs and hand written signs for selling. The thought is that printed signs are more professional and represent an easy sale, where as hand written signs come off as being a desperate seller needing to sell asap (which should get lots of calls for your deals). Try out what your comfortable with and see what works for you and in your area. Signs are cheap so the good thing is you can change it up and find the best method and area and work it hard.
As far as the 800 #, look up toktumi, they have a plan for $14.95 a month and you can get an 800# or local. The only thing I don't like is no music on hold as of now. Good luck.
Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
17y
I just wanted to point out that Poster board and foam board are NOT weather proof like a plastic type bandit sign, but most signs won't last more then a week and in lots of parts of the country you won't have to worry about rain for a little while.
Lakewood, CO · Member since 2009 · 11 posts · 0 votes
17y
Thanks Jeff,
These are all good ideas. My goal is to make something disposable and inexpensive. However, I didn't realize when the written were used vs the printed ones.
I'll also look up toktumi for the number. You've been a big help.
Flipper · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2009 · 973 posts · 679 votes
17y
I currently have an 800 number through ringcentral its $15 something after tax, but has a ton of features, like fax and voicemail to email, hold music, and round-robin calling if you have a partner.
Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
17y
Originally posted by Marc Freislinger:
I currently have an 800 number through ringcentral its $15 something after tax, but has a ton of features, like fax and voicemail to email, hold music, and round-robin calling if you have a partner.
The thing I don't like about ring central is that they limit your minutes used, it's $9.99 a month for 100 minutes and $24.99 for 500 minutes. I think your $15 a month is the $9.99 plan paid monthly, $9.99 is the "annual" price.
They do have great features, just no unlimited plan like toktumi.
Real Estate Investor · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 443 posts · 91 votes
17y
dirtcheapsigns.com is the cheapeest for sure. They can print it to make it look like handwriting if you wanted. As for a 1800 number go with ring central they are also the best and also the cheapest
Brian Haskins
[LINK REMOVED]
Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
17y
I just bought a magic jack today, works pretty good. It's for sure a basic no frills phone line but for moderate call volume it will work fine. They don't offer 800 #'s but you can create a vanity number with your local area code. I plan on answering the phone as opposed to playing a recorded message so I don't really need anything fancy.
I personally am not big on 800 #'s, I think a "Local Company" is more likely to get a call over the same sign with an 800#, especially if your dealing with someone about to loose their home.
I know there are plenty of people using 800#'s successfully but in order to make it work your going to have to project a professional image in everything you do. These days I like being a casual local guy or "neighbor" trying to help someone in a difficult situation, so a local # suits me best.
I don't believe that either choice is better then the other, just that you need to be consistent with your message in this or any other type of business.
Sorry to veer off topic there, I just wanted to share my thoughts.
Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
17y
The sign producers should all be able to work off of artwork; find one who does. Draw your sign by hand, and convert it to a digital image; or draw your sign in a computer art tool. Then, you can have a hand-made look to the lettering but also get the better durability of the plastic materials that these signs normally would be printed on.
Real Estate Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2009 · 63 posts · 19 votes
16y
I use VoiceNation for my 800# but keep in mind that some prospects might be more inclined to call a local number. I haven't run the numbers though to have a difinitive answer on that.
Nashville, TN · Member since 2009 · 37 posts · 3 votes
16y
Why get an 800 number? when someone is selling a house they don't want to deal with some big faceless bureaucratic company, they want to deal with a human. Use a local number!
Oh, and at that rate, just get a google voice number. Don't know what I mean, just "google" "google voice". If you haven't heard about it, it will probably blow your mind.
Also, if you're going to do bandit signs, it helps to put a website on there, because people are more comfortable anonymously going to a website to get more information than calling a number and potentially getting "hard sold".
Now for my shameless self pitch :mrgreen: [REMOVED]