Is there a way to verify mailing addresses are good?

Is there a way to verify mailing addresses are good?

Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2008 · 469 posts · 32 votes

i get a lot of nixies and I thought I'd read somewhere there was a way(website?) to verify they're valid. 

Also while I'm on the subject, a lot of my nixies read "not deliverable as addressed" and I'm taking them verbatim off the local tax assessor website, so does that most likely mean there isn't a person by or close to the name registered with the post office matching who you've addressed your mail to? 

And do any of you know any tricks to determine the error behind this and other clueless "return to sender" messages (i.e. "insufficient address" although g maps and county tax assessor site says otherwise, "attempted, not known" ??)?

0Reply
18 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2008 · 469 posts · 32 votes
    9y

    Thanks. "all the mail", meaning all THEIR mail or all their mail sent from me? I'm confused cause I remember trying to "return to sender" mail addressed "to home owner/current resident" and the mail man/woman telling me 'sorry, it's valid' so I'd take that as addressing it to the correct owner as even more valid thus also unable to "return to sender". 

  • Investor · Mountaintop, PA · Member since 2013 · 110 posts · 57 votes
    9y

    USPS site under lookup zip codes.  Hopefully this link works ...

    https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction_input

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.