Arlington, TN · Member since 2012 · 36 posts · 10 votes
I know the experts say we have to be on social media, so I'm out there spending valuable time, but I've never sold a property to anyone who was a direct connection on social media. How do successful sellers sell investment property on social media? Any advice?
Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 1 vote
9y
I brought a few on craigslist went title companies did my research on the property and kept a good relationship net work for more deals. Furthermore, Bigger pockets is also great. Last download meetup app then join the all real estate groups in you area. There are meetings where people get together and sale homes there and net work with others for deals.
Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 1 vote
9y
I brought a few on craigslist went title companies did my research on the property and kept a good relationship net work for more deals. Furthermore, Bigger pockets is also great. Last download meetup app then join the all real estate groups in you area. There are meetings where people get together and sale homes there and net work with others for deals.
Flipper/Rehabber · Willow Grove, PA · Member since 2015 · 355 posts · 104 votes
9y
@Ryan Tucker -- I have been in real estate 10 years and never sold a house (retail or wholesale deal) or rented a apartment unit using social media (example: Facebook). I took the time to learn social media marketing a few years ago as another tool in my marketing tool box but the ROI is not there. I recommend you use marketing media.
Real Estate Investor · Encinitas, CA · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
9y
Ryan Tucker I'll give you a real world example of how social media matters. It's basically having profiles (and a presence) out there and enough content so that it's easy to Google you. Easy to find your name, email address, phone number, etc. Believe me, there are times I've tried to use "message the listing agent" through Trulia, Zillow, etc. but nothing comes back. So then I have to look for an email address or phone number. You wouldn't believe how hard it sometimes is to find that simple information. Honestly, it's not that "hard" but why on earth wouldn't everyone make it easy? If you have a presence on social media it at least gives interested people (not one degree away from you) an avenue to reach out.
Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
9y
Social media is important. I have picked up individual clients on here worth up to 100 million. These investors tend to look in the back ground and not post much if at all on the site.
Individuals with very high net worth tend to be more private in nature.
This site has great SEO with contributing to the forums.
Property Manager · Huntingdon Valley, PA · Member since 2016 · 81 posts · 92 votes
9y
This is a great topic, @Ryan Tucker.
I truly believe that this is possible though, but not yet. Though many investors currently do not do business on social media, I believe most of the younger up-and-coming investors are on social media without a doubt. One day, these investors will become active buyers. Social media is where the attention is. However, is it worth the time for an investor? In my opinion, not yet.
I know a realtor who primarily runs his business on Facebook using the principles of Jab, Jab, Right Hook. However, his market is first time homebuyers who are less savvy about the market and are likely to find value in his posts.
Investors on the other hand, I don't think they're there yet. Biggerpockets does count as social media as well, and I think BP is where most of the investors spend their time. Right now, IMO Biggerpockets is the primary social platform for investors.
Real Estate Marketing Professional · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 299 posts · 125 votes
9y
I have to agree with the posters on basically everything. I've worked for two years creating and populating social media and we have not gotten a single tenant or new investor via that route. (But I keep doing it!) Our new investor clients come from here on BP, word of mouth, and local networking, and tenants come from yard signs and Craigslist/Zillow. However, I do think that if you DON'T have social media accounts that are active and add value, your credibility can be affected. I know that for myself, if I'm interested in a product or service and their website is outdated, they haven't written a blog post in two years, and their social media accounts were opened in 2011 and not populated, then I "bounce." Not only does (updated) social media give your potential clients easy contact with you, it gives you and your business credibility in this techno age.