Interested in Real estate training and education in San Antonio

Interested in Real estate training and education in San Antonio

Investor · san antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 1 vote

My name is Ayman.  My parents are doctors.  I want a different path. I am here in an attempt to figure that out.

I am learning from a local real estate investor and broker (Tommy Ray).  He has been at it for about 27 years.  One of the mental shifts has been investing in "down markets".  He calls it contrarian investing.  Going against what others are doing is not me.  I want the sure thing.  Realizing there is no "sure thing" per se was a small hurdle.  Going 100s of miles away to buy at 1/5 of the local pricing was mind blowing.  I encourage new investors to think outside of their local market.

Other words of advice would be kindly appreciated.

1Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 73 posts · 55 votes
    9y
    Congratulations on your recent graduation and getting started in the direction of your dreams!
  • Wholesaler, Rehabber and Landlord · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    Hey @Ayman Attia, I find it a little strange that you have a mentor, but you are looking for a mentor. If I were you, I would spend more time here. There is a bunch of great information, free. Listen and learn from everyone. People do things different and not everything clicks with everyone. I have seen people who are doing great, but it is not the way I do things. Not better or worse, just different.

    I guess what I am saying is that there are lots of ways to make money in real estate, you just have to find what works for you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.