Putting Biz Cards on Cars

Putting Biz Cards on Cars

Ypsilanti, MI · Member since 2015 · 84 posts · 9 votes

Hey, guys quick question about putting biz cards on peoples windows.  I was going to put some out but then I realized I have my personal phone number on them with my email.  Would it be a better idea to have my google voice number and no email?  Maybe I'm being paranoid but just want some people thoughts on this.  

Thanks 

0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

China, ME · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
9y

@Adam Spencer Just my personal opinion, but people putting their crap on my car really ticks me off.  They left something I didn't want on my car - and now I have to dispose of it.  

It's just like spam with the added aggravation of having to find a trash can.

I'd go WAY out of my way not to do business with that person, even if they were the only one in town selling cold beer on a hot day.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • China, ME · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    @Adam Spencer Just my personal opinion, but people putting their crap on my car really ticks me off.  They left something I didn't want on my car - and now I have to dispose of it.  

    It's just like spam with the added aggravation of having to find a trash can.

    I'd go WAY out of my way not to do business with that person, even if they were the only one in town selling cold beer on a hot day.

  • Bloomington, MN · Member since 2009 · 107 posts · 30 votes
    9y
    I don't like when people do it. It's like spam and not very targeted and not a great use of your time unless you were at a targeted real estate event :-). You can go to your local reia
  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2014 · 471 posts · 241 votes
    9y

    @Adam Spencer....there are better FREE ways to do lead generation:

    1) Call FSBO's on Craigslist or other classified ads

    2) Go door knock targeted neighborhood

    3) Grow your network by telling everyone in your sphere of influence that you are buying houses in any condition.

    Those are the main three free ways of lead gen.

    Best of luck to you!

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 453 posts · 254 votes
    9y

    @Adam Spencer what is your business exactly? Also, I personally find this tacky and can be damaging to your reputation. Also, buisness card is very small and hard to see under a windshield wiper. But if you insist on this then yes I would use a google voice number.

    Message me and we can brainstorm some other marketing ideas and strategies if you like

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2016 · 86 posts · 26 votes
    9y

    While I'm sure you could possibly get a deal here and there using that strategy there are probably more effective ways to get attention. I know many people highly dislike coming out to see something on their cars, of which they may just throw on the ground or not even look at in the first place.

    You can:

    1. Put flyers on bulletin boards or doors in places of business with the approval of owners

    2. Bandit Signs if legal in your area

    3. Driving for dollars

    4. Networking

    5. Direct Mail

    6. Billboards

    7. Bird Dogs

    8. For Sale By Owner

    9. Door Knocking

    10. Magnetic Sign on your car

    11. Social Media

    12. PPC  Marketing - Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

    13. Website (SEO)

    These are just all the marketing tactics I can think of, but I use a small percentage of these and they are very effective for me in finding deals.

    Hope this helps. Happy Hunting!

  • Ypsilanti, MI · Member since 2015 · 84 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    Hey guys thanks for all the great suggestions. I am currently mailing to some driver for dollars leads.  I'm also doing bandit signs and getting a few calls a week on them.  I guess I thought people were doing the biz cards but I guess it is not much of a target marketing.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.