Tough Time Nailing Down Tax Delinquent Lists for Target County

Tough Time Nailing Down Tax Delinquent Lists for Target County

Wholesaler · Mansfield, TX · Member since 2015 · 216 posts · 146 votes

Ok so for my target market (Wichita Falls, TX) I have already bought and mailing out to the following lists.

1. Absentee Owners-60%-100% Equity, Last Market Sales Date: 10 yrs or older

2. 100% Equity Owner Occupied- Last Market Sales Date: 10 or 20 yrs ( I forgot which one I selected)

3. Receive and market to Quarterly Inherited Lists from USLEADLIST.

I have contacted my local county tax office try and obtain the delinquent tax list but have had ZERO success. They have told me they will not release that information. I bought Rebogateway thinking that would have it but it does not. ( Side-Note its ok because I will use it for other things).

Are there any online software or lists that will for sure pull these tax delinquent properties for my county ( which is pretty small) or any ideas of what to do to get them from the county directly???

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks

Robert

0Reply
11 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Princeton, TX · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Account Closed   Can you send me a copy of the letter they sent?   

    Here is what you needed to say.

    "I request a copy of the county delinquent tax roll."  That should have been enough because in Texas you do not have to mention the Texas Open Records Act.

    That should have made them tell you a price or ask the AGs office for an opinion.

  • Wholesaler · Mansfield, TX · Member since 2015 · 216 posts · 146 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed I just basically called and talked to a lady at the office. She said I would have to put my request in writting and she gave me her email address so I emailed her. I then received a response from someone that acted like her superior who said they do not release that information.

    I am looking for a list that shows delinquent taxes from say 2015 and beyond and not neccessary a tax default sales list. I want to catch them before their property goes to sale. Do you have an example of a letter that you use that you could provide?

    Thanks

  • Real Estate Investor · Richardson, TX · Member since 2012 · 113 posts · 27 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed Im not sure this list works in Texas. I have been looking into this myself. According to Dallas County Public Works, per Texas law, owners are delinquent if they have not paid their taxes by Jan 31. Then the properties are turned over to the counties private attorney to be struck off by April 1st for "business personal property" and July 1st for everything else.

    So my understanding would be that if you got the list on Feb. 1st and worked it before April or July you might have a chance???

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.