How do you find good contractors for rehabs

How do you find good contractors for rehabs

Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 111 posts · 13 votes

hi everyone

Im an investor thats always done buy and holds. Now im looking to do a flip. Can any experienced flippers shed some light on how you find good, reliable contractors to do the work. Im in the Orlando area.

Thanks

Martha

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 103 posts · 55 votes
9y
Ron Orr That's an interesting concept, and it seems to make sense. I may have to try that.
See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bloomington, MN · Member since 2009 · 107 posts · 30 votes
    9y
    I remember hearing in a seminar go to menards and Home Depot at 7am to find the responsible ones
  • Specialist · Sibley, LA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 190 votes
    9y

    @Martha Daisley the first thing to do regardless of anything is to do a google search for  "Orlando contractors" Whatever comes up on the front page is the ones I will use no matter what. Why? If they took the time to setup a website then that means their all in. This will minimize risk even though it's still some risk, but this gets you closer to working with reputable people. 

    "Real Estate Marketing Headquarters" Signing Off 

  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 103 posts · 55 votes
    9y
    Ron Orr That's an interesting concept, and it seems to make sense. I may have to try that.
  • Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    Some Property Management companies do Project Management as well... or if they don't sometimes they are willing to give referrals to keep good contractors busy.

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 111 posts · 13 votes
    9y

    thanks for your replies everyone. 

    @Ron Orr i actually do see workers hanging around home depot in the morning but i think maybe they are construction workers looking for work. Im looking for a licensed general contractor.

    Thanks Matt and Antonio for your suggestions.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    I have three flips going right now and the best success I've had is word of mouth from people in a construction related field. I got a referral for a mason from a good granite guy I found. Good contractors usually know other good ones. I am constantly asking people if they know someone who does great work and building my own go to list. Best of luck!
  • Investor · Bushnell, FL · Member since 2016 · 456 posts · 224 votes
    9y

    I agree with Melvin .. also another great referral place is Realtors .. most deal with or have dealt with contractors and subs in their area .. ask to speak to one that invests them self .. and last but not least .. local Reia meetings is another great place to get referrals .. 

    I wish you the very best ..

    God Speed, 

    Michael Short  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.