Just sent out 768 yellow post cards...

Just sent out 768 yellow post cards...

Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 44 posts · 13 votes

I just sent out 768 yellow post cards to absentee owners in 2 zip codes in my area. Really it's 767 + 1 to me so I know when to expect the phone calls to start. I used Click2mail's 4x6 single sided card. I'll post updates on response rates/quality.

Happy investing!

Harvie

1Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2009 · 118 posts · 76 votes
16y

Chris- depends on the time you have allotted for this and how you could otherwise be spending the time printing and stuffing. I've seen a lot of investors quit doing DM because of the time and effort involved.

And when you consider the time of doing other things for two hours a night, it becomes easy to procrastinate. I've found people who outsource these tasks tend to perform this type of marketing longer and have more success.

Just my two cents.

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Hard Money Lender · Lutz, FL · Member since 2010 · 22 posts · 1 vote
    16y

    Great idea look forward to hearing about your results. Keep up the good work.

  • Real Estate Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 619 posts · 75 votes
    16y

    Please describe the methods you use to track down the returned cards?

    Here in Baltimore I am getting about 20% returned, which from other investors sounds about average.

  • Homeowner · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2010 · 123 posts · 66 votes
    16y

    As a receiver of the yellow card/note or whatever, it can be very weird. I actually got one or at least something similar years ago at a home I owned and sold last year. I wasn't late on payments or absentee. Honestly, when I opened it I started looking out the blinds like, is someone watching me? I was actually thinking that I might want to sell at the time because I was always away. It was eerie.

    That is not to dismiss anyone's success. I'm just saying.

    Terry, Baltimore is a territory that I cover and I was wondering what the market is like out here as I sit in an Inner Harbor Hotel. This is a crazy city and that coming from someone from Philly says a lot. I would love to speak with you about investing in Baltimore.

    Thanks

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.