Fishing for Owner Financing deals

Fishing for Owner Financing deals

Real Estate Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 268 votes

Does anyone specifically targets property owners that are more likely to owner finance the purchase (free and clear).
Thanks

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Note Investor · Pasadena, CA · Member since 2009 · 849 posts · 544 votes
15y

There are a million ways to fish for seller financed notes. A couple of ideas:

I have a polo shirt that reads "I BUY NOTES" on the left chest. I wear it every time I'm in Vegas. It has netted me 1 closed deal.

I have bandit signs that I put on the lawns of my properties while they're being rehabbed. No deals yet, but it has brought me 9 calls, and 1 possible private money investor.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Handyman · THUMB, MI · Member since 2010 · 72 posts · 14 votes
    15y

    This is an area that I've been investigating for a couple months. Its seems that in my location its really hard to find a seller financed home that is a good deal. With all the foreclosures its seems that i would have to pay at least 25% more for any properties I've looked at. Investors are snapping up foreclosures themselves doing a few minor fix ups and relisting them in a matter of weeks. You can"t blame them but I have yet to find one with good enough terms that it will cashflow positively. I might even consider paying the 25% as long as it has a good cashflow. I think this will even out when the economy comes back. IMO

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2010 · 93 posts · 32 votes
    15y

    You can buy a list in your targeted area, that will give you the equity spread you're looking for. Mail to the list or go knock on some doors. The trick is finding a good list source. I'm constantly looking for a better list provider so I can't help you there. Check some of the other posts for that. Good luck

  • Note Investor · Pasadena, CA · Member since 2009 · 849 posts · 544 votes
    15y

    There are a million ways to fish for seller financed notes. A couple of ideas:

    I have a polo shirt that reads "I BUY NOTES" on the left chest. I wear it every time I'm in Vegas. It has netted me 1 closed deal.

    I have bandit signs that I put on the lawns of my properties while they're being rehabbed. No deals yet, but it has brought me 9 calls, and 1 possible private money investor.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    15y

    George, look for landlords over 65 years old with decent rentals. Many are tired of screening tenants, advertising, clean outs, tenant appointments, making repairs, not getting any more (or less) depreciation, collecting rents, etc.

    Offer to buy them, steady income, no problems, no repairs, tax advantages, and one of my favorits, ease of adminstration in trusts or with estate planning!

    Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.