NEW to BIGGERPOCKETS & Real Estate (Plainfield, IL)

NEW to BIGGERPOCKETS & Real Estate (Plainfield, IL)

Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 5 votes
Hi all, I am fairly new to BiggerPockets & the whole real estate world. I’ve been spending all my free time (aka driving, during lunch, etc) reading & watching videos & educating myself on everything I can possibly learn. I realized there are 300+ markets & I’d like to get to know my own. I am in Plainfield, IL about 40 mins from Chicago. ***Does anyone have ANY info / insight around me? *** My interest involves purchasing and renting out my properties ~ multifamily homes / small apartments. I think starting smaller will be safer for my first.
1Reply
13 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Glen Rock, NJ · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Account Closed Welcome to BP and the world of investing. While it's great to connect with the investors virtually, you should also start networking locally by finding local REI groups via BP and meetup site. It will be a good learning curve for you to surround yourself with like-minded investors and potentially find properties in your desired neighborhood.

  • Plainfield, IL · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 17 votes
    7y
    @Priscilla Kulawiak Welcome to the BP community! I am also from Plainfield feel free to message me anytime to talk RE investing!
  • Real Estate Broker · Aurora, IL · Member since 2017 · 159 posts · 53 votes
    7y

    @Account Closed

    I am a local agent in Aurora and do a lot of work in Plainfield. Learning by absorbing everything you can get your hands on is a great start! 

    Call me anytime you want to chat about how to best get started in the area! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.