Wanted to share something I saw at Barnes and Noble today.

Wanted to share something I saw at Barnes and Noble today.

Columbus, IN · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote

I was browsing the Real Estate Investing books when I ran across a book that had a card sticking out like a bookmark. After closer inspection someone placed their "we buy houses" style card business card with their name and number in almost every book on the shelf. I thought it was a good idea due to the fact people are looking at these books for a reason. Has anyone tried this tactic and if so how effective do you think it is? 

1Reply
13 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2012 · 968 posts · 747 votes
    7y

    I wouldn't think that would be a good way to find motivated/distressed sellers, but it might be a good way to meet other aspiring investors. Generally, I think it would be a waste of time. There are far more effective ways to market for sellers and buyers.

  • Real Estate Broker · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 530 posts · 398 votes
    7y

    It's something, i guess better than no marketing at all. Obviously risking getting called out for soliciting.

    Wonder if that guy/girl is going that at all types of retailers. It would be funny finding that card between 2 packs of steak at Costco's.

  • Developer · . · Member since 2014 · 520 posts · 162 votes
    7y

    I thought it would be more effective if the card was for one of those training courses, education workshop, house tour, or meet-up.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    I had to giggle.

    Nahh not a good idea at all. Anyone in B&N looking for how to invest.. really?!

    Dude people go to INTERNET to learn anything. ANyone picking up a Book.. you remember those? with paper and ink in a hard cover.. thats so 80's man!

    No my man. Besides picking up such a book is for beginners. No one will buy a huse that needs still to figure out how to do it.

    Lastly...

    Putting a we buy houses card in a book, means whom ever put it there wanted motivated sellers.

    Why would a motivated seller want to read a book on how to BUY houses? They want to sell their house. They don't want to learn how to invest they want to sell their house not buy more houses.

    Good attempt on his part but waste of time.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    I don't think that would be an effective way to market to distressed homeowners.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.