What questions do you ask?

What questions do you ask?

Investor · South East Texas · Member since 2019 · 65 posts · 11 votes

Hey guys!

I am just getting started in investing and trying to look for my first house to buy. I found some great potential houses for me but I was wondering when you call the owner what questions do y'all ask? Is there like a certain set of questions you go through?

0Reply
56 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Hartford, CT · Member since 2018 · 81 posts · 73 votes
7y

@Jerryll Noorden

Poor guy, @Christian Walker, tried to ask a normal question and got all this...

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · South East Texas · Member since 2019 · 65 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Christian Walker

    Also the houses I found are vacant and aren’t on the market

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    well, I don't call anyone.. they call me

    And I ask them how much there is left on the mortgage. It is a waste of time (to me) if they still owe too much.

  • Investor · South East Texas · Member since 2019 · 65 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Jerryll Noorden

    How did you build up a good rep for people to start calling you? And also, how did you start?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Christian Walker:

    @Jerryll Noorden

    How did you build up a good rep for people to start calling you? And also, how did you start?

     I will give you my guide on how I started. It is a step by step "diary" what I did when I was an absolute rookie. EVERYTHING I did, from mistakes to good ideas.

    How do I have people contact me?

    I own the first page of Google.

    When competitors put out bandit signs... people google the signs to find out what company is behind them... they find me online:

    When those stinky competitors of mine spend a fortune on Direct mailers, do you seriously think people will just blindly call the number on the card? Yeah right, they will google first... and who will they find?

    Me of course.

    In fact, want to see something very interesting?

    When people look for the best keywords in our niche on google like "We buy houses in Connecticut" Cash for my CT house" etc. etc.

    This is what Google displays..

    My name come sup as a suggested result. This means we (I) have become extremely trusting in the eyes of Google and I am the authority when it comes to picking anyone "to by my house fast".

    The numbers do not lie... Google does not lie.

    How can you POSSIBLY choose someone else when Google SUGGEST you should pick me.

    ;)

    And that my friend is when you upgrade from being a mortal Yooman being to a Jerryll SEO God ;)

    Ego much?

    Yes.. bigger than  the sun!

    Fear the monkey!

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenwich, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    "Smelly evil people," you got me in stiches, @Jerryll Noorden.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jaysen Medhurst:

    "Smelly evil people," you got me in stiches, @Jerryll Noorden.

     Ooohhhh CT blood!

    Lets team up and take over CT!

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenwich, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    Wonder twin powers activate, @Jerryll Noorden! You see some good MFR value-add opportunities come your way, let's talk. Particularity interested 5+ units in New London / Groton and Manchester areas.

    What towns do you see most of your deals coming from?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jaysen Medhurst:

    Wonder twin powers activate, @Jerryll Noorden! You see some good MFR value-add opportunities come your way, let's talk. Particularity interested 5+ units in New London / Groton and Manchester areas.

    What towns do you see most of your deals coming from?

     As I was trying to read your message my email is going crazy with all these annoying leads coming in.... Sighh...

    Muahahaha

    Well my dear investor from Greenwich...

    Let me check these leads and I will tell you what cities are hot and which are not...

    One moment...

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    Ok... Random cities to be honest. We do get a ton in Newington and Weston west Hartford tolland woodstock

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenwich, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    That is quite a range, @Jerryll Noorden. 

  • Cheshire, CT · Member since 2018 · 87 posts · 60 votes
    7y

    @Christian Walker what kind of investor do you want to be? Buy and Hold? Flipper? Rehabber? Wholesaler? The answer to that question opens up a world of other conversations which will start you on your way.

    I've spent the last several months learning all i can about REI and listening to the BP Podcast and have waffled around a LOT on a few areas I want to focus on. I still havent pulled the trigger on anything, but I have my reasons (new baby soon!).

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jaysen Medhurst:

    That is quite a range, @Jerryll Noorden. 

     Yeah it is. But those are not all ..

    We also get a ton of multi-families in Bridgeport,.. heck man seriously.. we get them all over. It seems we keep getting leads from cities I have never even heard off before...

     Who knew...

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Scott Kimberly:

    @Christian Walker what kind of investor do you want to be? Buy and Hold? Flipper? Rehabber? Wholesaler? The answer to that question opens up a world of other conversations which will start you on your way.

    I've spent the last several months learning all i can about REI and listening to the BP Podcast and have waffled around a LOT on a few areas I want to focus on. I still havent pulled the trigger on anything, but I have my reasons (new baby soon!).

     YAY new lil monkey to be born soon...

    I am opening a school for Lil monkey minions. I am in desprate need for a bunch of cute ones to help me take over. Enroll now!

    Congrats my man. May your lil sugarbooger be twice as smart as I am, and half as handsome (sorry.. it is not possible to more shhmexy than moi)

  • Property Manager · Groton, CT · Member since 2017 · 130 posts · 81 votes
    7y

    this is the best thread I've read in a LONG time! @Jerryll Noorden do you rest your HUGE head for that ego on your stacks of hundreds while you type this or do you have lats the size of The Rock!?  HAHAHAHAHAHA

    Thanks for keeping it real, keeping it light and keeping it fun.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @David Wolber:

    this is the best thread I've read in a LONG time! @Jerryll Noorden do you rest your HUGE head for that ego on your stacks of hundreds while you type this or do you have lats the size of The Rock!?  HAHAHAHAHAHA

    Thanks for keeping it real, keeping it light and keeping it fun.

     Bro.. My huge head has its own gravity field! Put a compass a mile from my head and it starts to skew away from "North"!

    Dude the reason there is even a tide is because I wake up in the morning and my head thus rises up!

    I can go on!

  • Property Manager · Groton, CT · Member since 2017 · 130 posts · 81 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden:
    Originally posted by @David Wolber:

    this is the best thread I've read in a LONG time! @Jerryll Noorden do you rest your HUGE head for that ego on your stacks of hundreds while you type this or do you have lats the size of The Rock!?  HAHAHAHAHAHA

    Thanks for keeping it real, keeping it light and keeping it fun.

     Bro.. My huge head has its own gravity field! Put a compass a mile from my head and it starts to skew away from "North"!

    Dude the reason there is even a tide is because I wake up in the morning and my head thus rises up!

    I can go on!

     All hail the One True North!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @David Wolber:
    Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden:
    Originally posted by @David Wolber:

    this is the best thread I've read in a LONG time! @Jerryll Noorden do you rest your HUGE head for that ego on your stacks of hundreds while you type this or do you have lats the size of The Rock!?  HAHAHAHAHAHA

    Thanks for keeping it real, keeping it light and keeping it fun.

     Bro.. My huge head has its own gravity field! Put a compass a mile from my head and it starts to skew away from "North"!

    Dude the reason there is even a tide is because I wake up in the morning and my head thus rises up!

    I can go on!

     All hail the One True North!

     I got another minion for my army of the death...

    I mean the army of good... ahum.

    To the king of the North.., I mean Apes

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @David Wolber:
    Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden:
    Originally posted by @David Wolber:

    this is the best thread I've read in a LONG time! @Jerryll Noorden do you rest your HUGE head for that ego on your stacks of hundreds while you type this or do you have lats the size of The Rock!?  HAHAHAHAHAHA

    Thanks for keeping it real, keeping it light and keeping it fun.

     Bro.. My huge head has its own gravity field! Put a compass a mile from my head and it starts to skew away from "North"!

    Dude the reason there is even a tide is because I wake up in the morning and my head thus rises up!

    I can go on!

     All hail the One True North!

     DUDE!!

    You know what "Noorden" means?

    It means "The North" In Dutch (my mother tongue)

    I friggin AM the true king of the North... just better looking (just not better smelling)

  • Rental Property Investor · Hartford, CT · Member since 2018 · 81 posts · 73 votes
    7y

    @Jerryll Noorden

    Poor guy, @Christian Walker, tried to ask a normal question and got all this...

  • Investor · South East Texas · Member since 2019 · 65 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Shirley Rozenshteyn

    Haha! I know right?!? This one threw me off for my first post lol

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Shirley R.:

    @Jerryll Noorden

    Poor guy, @Christian Walker, tried to ask a normal question and got all this...

     Exactly. He was asking a NORMAL question. We all know ct is full if weirdo freakies.

    He is lucky. I am one if the less crazy ones around.

    I saved him.

    You are welcome bubbles!

  • Long Island NY · Member since 2019 · 133 posts · 104 votes
    7y

    @Christian Walker to answer your question. I don't call first. AS a former stock broker, I hate cold calling and HATE being cold called. Aside from all the chest thumping here, I will tell you what I do (I am sure I will get sh*t for this, but whatever. )

    1. Find a distressed property, possibly a motivated seller. 

    2. Skip Trace and verify them myself

    3. Send a handwritten letter (Not some computer generated wannabe) 

    4. Log them in my Database. 

    5. Wait about 5-7 days

    6. Then call them. But it's not a cold call. Here is the secret sauce; Ready? 

    "Hey Jim, This is Shaun. I sent you a letter about a week ago regarding your house on xxx street in xyz town, Did you get it? I know that the post office tends to lose things" 

    Jim: "No" -- He could have gotten it and tossed it without reading or opening it.

    (Either way, say this) 

    "Well Jim, either way the reason for my calls is ---"

    And start your pitch. I am very interested in buying your house, etc

  • Investor · South East Texas · Member since 2019 · 65 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Jerryll Noorden

    First time I’ve been called bubbles... kinda has a nice lil ring to it. Thank you for saving me. I don’t think I can ever repay you for such an amazing job you’ve done!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jaysen Medhurst:

    Wonder twin powers activate, @Jerryll Noorden! You see some good MFR value-add opportunities come your way, let's talk. Particularity interested 5+ units in New London / Groton and Manchester areas.

    What towns do you see most of your deals coming from?

     Wait wait wait...

    "Wonder twin powers activate"!?

    Ok dude. How old ARE you!!!

    That stuff aired when you had to walk to the tv to change channels!!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Christian Walker:

    @Jerryll Noorden

    First time I’ve been called bubbles... kinda has a nice lil ring to it. Thank you for saving me. I don’t think I can ever repay you for such an amazing job you’ve done!

     I know I know. I am just such a good guy...

    If you need any help man... with anything...

    Ask away. 

    And bubbles is a good thing!

    My fav powerpuff gurl

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.