Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
I'm so inspired by the "marketing/branding panel" held at the Summit...and am working on building my brand this week. My holdings are and will continue to be high quality SFHs for lease. It's time for me to set up a simple website to provide details about the homes. I am thinking about just starting with a wordpress blog. Before I start..just wanted to check to see if anyone else is using another inexpensive and effective route for their website creation? This is not my area of strength...but definitely willing to learn!
Involved In Real Estate · Columbus , OH · Member since 2010 · 68 posts · 23 votes
14y
If you are going to build the site yourself I would definitely recommend a Wordpress site. They are relatively easy to work with and have a level of search engine optimization built in. Another nice thing about Wordpress is that there are plenty of tutorials on how to set up a site. If the original set up is too complicated for you I am sure you can find someone to set up a site that you can maintain.
Rental Property Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2011 · 111 posts · 40 votes
14y
Wordpress is a good way to go if you want to build yourself. I would suggest purchasing a template (less than $100) rather than using a free one as they will have more functionality.
chartres, chartres · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 0 votes
13y
i think free or Premium wordpress won't make a difference... there is a lot of free Premium like wordpress themes that you can use and customize without any problem!
Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2013 · 184 posts · 19 votes
13y
Wordpress is a great way to go to build yourself a site. If you need a free site to build to get you started that is very simple to use www.weebly.com could be a good way for you. I hope this helps.
Realtor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 128 posts · 27 votes
13y
Content almost always trump design.
.....unless you're prone to slathering those animated "under construction" icons all over the place - in which case I'd tell you to step away from the keyboard and hire a pro.
Spend a year just updating a plain old basic wordpress site with content and you'll gain a much greater understanding.
A picture or three of the house, descriptive info, price and make sure you circle back and mark it as sold so people will stop hassling you about it but definitely don't delete it.
You can set up a blogger account for free - there's a lot less to manage for a beginner...and when you're ready to upgrade to WP - http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-switch-from-blogger-to-wordpress-without-losing-google-rankings/