Yellow letters.com Horrible Experience

Yellow letters.com Horrible Experience

San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 41 posts · 9 votes

I set up a campaign where I ordered post cards from yellow letters.com 3 weeks ago with a list I purchased from list source.com

I also paid to have letters sent 3 weeks after. They still have not mailed my post cards and have been giving me the run around about their team members having health problems and not being able to get around to it. I just want to warn you guys about this company. I screwed up and used them. Hopefully my mail gets sent eventually..

Does anyone have a reputable marketing provider? I don’t mind paying for a good service.

1Reply
94 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
6y

@Adrien S.

Put your own address into your list so that you know for sure if they are sent or not.

See this reply in the discussion

61 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Paradise Valley, AZ · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Adrien C.:

    @Account Closed your math is off- it’s like 175 calls. I batch it into 6 weekly mailings of 10k each. I have a full time in house lead assistant who takes all the incoming calls. Between mail, ppc, website, and other stuff- she usually has about 40 calls a week. About 60% are “leads” meaning that want to sell. Out of that, she’ll set around 15 appointments and we can close 20%. She also does follow up with old leads that didn’t set an appointment yet and any one we made offers on over 90 days ago. She stays pretty busy. 

    For those wondering about in house vs VA- I wanted the control in house. A VA doesn't know the different towns. For example, many of you would get excited about someone wanting $25k for a house. But if you know my area and realize that's Gary, IN, that's not a price I'd pay. So because of the ability to train her daily, she's good at knowing what and where we buy and doesn't set up appointments that will waste her time. Is she more expensive than a $3 VA- absolutely. But she's worth ever cent we pay her (close to $50k last year).

    @Adrien S. Your Comment: "But 0.25% of 65K still generates enough leads for DMM to be profitable"

    My Comment: That's 16,250 phone calls. How do you handle the incoming load?

     Got it. So, your 0.25% is a bit closer to 0.00269231% Looks like you may have left out a couple of leading zeros after the period. No worries.

    I spend about a $1 a letter (envelope, paper, ink, stamp, labor) and about $0.50 a post card (printing, stamp)

    About how much are they charging to get 65,000 postcards out?

  • Property Manager · Griffith, IN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 913 votes
    6y

    @Account Closed I’m down to about $0.50 for either. I do standard letters locally which is much cheaper than first class but because it’s local, not a huge delay in it being delivered. For  postcards, I’m still using a national company but will probably bring that locally as well and design my own. Local people care about quality and reputation. YellowLetters.com clearly doesn’t anymore. 

  • Specialist · Paradise Valley, AZ · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Adrien C.:

    @Account Closed I’m down to about $0.50 for either. I do standard letters locally which is much cheaper than first class but because it’s local, not a huge delay in it being delivered. For  postcards, I’m still using a national company but will probably bring that locally as well and design my own. Local people care about quality and reputation. YellowLetters.com clearly doesn’t anymore.

     A year ago when I used Yellow Letters .com it seemed to take a month for my mailer to get out. I brought mailers in house and I can have 1,000 at a time sent within a few days. There is quite a difference between sending 10,000 a week and sending 1,000 a week granted, but I'm able to target my market more specifically and vary my mailers to track types of mailer response using different pieces. One guy in my area says he's sending out the same amount as you and getting about the same results. FYI

  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Travis Wells I personally hand wrote letter to cherry pick properties that I wanted to target. I ended up with 3 responses out of 20 letters one of which I met a landlord that was retiring from the game. Him and I are working together so I can buy a few of his properties over the next few weeks. My advise keep grinding!!

  • Real Estate Broker · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2018 · 269 posts · 597 votes
    6y
    eOriginally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Adrien C.:

    @Account Closed your math is off- it’s like 175 calls. I batch it into 6 weekly mailings of 10k each. I have a full time in house lead assistant who takes all the incoming calls. Between mail, ppc, website, and other stuff- she usually has about 40 calls a week. About 60% are “leads” meaning that want to sell. Out of that, she’ll set around 15 appointments and we can close 20%. She also does follow up with old leads that didn’t set an appointment yet and any one we made offers on over 90 days ago. She stays pretty busy. 

    For those wondering about in house vs VA- I wanted the control in house. A VA doesn't know the different towns. For example, many of you would get excited about someone wanting $25k for a house. But if you know my area and realize that's Gary, IN, that's not a price I'd pay. So because of the ability to train her daily, she's good at knowing what and where we buy and doesn't set up appointments that will waste her time. Is she more expensive than a $3 VA- absolutely. But she's worth ever cent we pay her (close to $50k last year).

    @Adrien S. Your Comment: "But 0.25% of 65K still generates enough leads for DMM to be profitable"

    My Comment: That's 16,250 phone calls. How do you handle the incoming load?

     Got it. So, your 0.25% is a bit closer to 0.00269231% Looks like you may have left out a couple of leading zeros after the period. No worries.

    I spend about a $1 a letter (envelope, paper, ink, stamp, labor) and about $0.50 a post card (printing, stamp)

    About how much are they charging to get 65,000 postcards out?

    Wow. You truly don't understand the difference between .25% and 25%, yet you're in here trying to correct Adrien, who had his numbers exactly right. .25% = one quarter of one percent. Not 25%. Can't believe I even need to say this.

  • Specialist · Paradise Valley, AZ · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jeff C.:
    eOriginally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Adrien C.:

    @Account Closed your math is off- it’s like 175 calls. I batch it into 6 weekly mailings of 10k each. I have a full time in house lead assistant who takes all the incoming calls. Between mail, ppc, website, and other stuff- she usually has about 40 calls a week. About 60% are “leads” meaning that want to sell. Out of that, she’ll set around 15 appointments and we can close 20%. She also does follow up with old leads that didn’t set an appointment yet and any one we made offers on over 90 days ago. She stays pretty busy. 

    For those wondering about in house vs VA- I wanted the control in house. A VA doesn't know the different towns. For example, many of you would get excited about someone wanting $25k for a house. But if you know my area and realize that's Gary, IN, that's not a price I'd pay. So because of the ability to train her daily, she's good at knowing what and where we buy and doesn't set up appointments that will waste her time. Is she more expensive than a $3 VA- absolutely. But she's worth ever cent we pay her (close to $50k last year).

    @Adrien S. Your Comment: "But 0.25% of 65K still generates enough leads for DMM to be profitable"

    My Comment: That's 16,250 phone calls. How do you handle the incoming load?

     Got it. So, your 0.25% is a bit closer to 0.00269231% Looks like you may have left out a couple of leading zeros after the period. No worries.

    I spend about a $1 a letter (envelope, paper, ink, stamp, labor) and about $0.50 a post card (printing, stamp)

    About how much are they charging to get 65,000 postcards out?

    Wow. You truly don't understand the difference between .25% and 25%, yet you're in here trying to correct Adrien, who had his numbers exactly right. .25% = one quarter of one percent. Not 25%. Can't believe I even need to say this.

    You win. You must have read "How To Win Friends and Influence people". Now the question is, would anyone want to invest with you? Probably not twice. ;-)

  • Real Estate Broker · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2018 · 269 posts · 597 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Jeff C.:
    eOriginally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Adrien C.:

    @Account Closed your math is off- it’s like 175 calls. I batch it into 6 weekly mailings of 10k each. I have a full time in house lead assistant who takes all the incoming calls. Between mail, ppc, website, and other stuff- she usually has about 40 calls a week. About 60% are “leads” meaning that want to sell. Out of that, she’ll set around 15 appointments and we can close 20%. She also does follow up with old leads that didn’t set an appointment yet and any one we made offers on over 90 days ago. She stays pretty busy. 

    For those wondering about in house vs VA- I wanted the control in house. A VA doesn't know the different towns. For example, many of you would get excited about someone wanting $25k for a house. But if you know my area and realize that's Gary, IN, that's not a price I'd pay. So because of the ability to train her daily, she's good at knowing what and where we buy and doesn't set up appointments that will waste her time. Is she more expensive than a $3 VA- absolutely. But she's worth ever cent we pay her (close to $50k last year).

    @Adrien S. Your Comment: "But 0.25% of 65K still generates enough leads for DMM to be profitable"

    My Comment: That's 16,250 phone calls. How do you handle the incoming load?

     Got it. So, your 0.25% is a bit closer to 0.00269231% Looks like you may have left out a couple of leading zeros after the period. No worries.

    I spend about a $1 a letter (envelope, paper, ink, stamp, labor) and about $0.50 a post card (printing, stamp)

    About how much are they charging to get 65,000 postcards out?

    Wow. You truly don't understand the difference between .25% and 25%, yet you're in here trying to correct Adrien, who had his numbers exactly right. .25% = one quarter of one percent. Not 25%. Can't believe I even need to say this.

    You win. You must have read "How To Win Friends and Influence people". Now the question is, would anyone want to invest with you? Probably not twice. ;-)

    I'm not looking for anyone to "invest with me".. however if I was, at least they could rest assured that they were partnered with someone who can work a decimal point.

  • Specialist · Paradise Valley, AZ · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jeff C.:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Jeff C.:
    eOriginally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Adrien C.:

    @Account Closed your math is off- it’s like 175 calls. I batch it into 6 weekly mailings of 10k each. I have a full time in house lead assistant who takes all the incoming calls. Between mail, ppc, website, and other stuff- she usually has about 40 calls a week. About 60% are “leads” meaning that want to sell. Out of that, she’ll set around 15 appointments and we can close 20%. She also does follow up with old leads that didn’t set an appointment yet and any one we made offers on over 90 days ago. She stays pretty busy. 

    For those wondering about in house vs VA- I wanted the control in house. A VA doesn't know the different towns. For example, many of you would get excited about someone wanting $25k for a house. But if you know my area and realize that's Gary, IN, that's not a price I'd pay. So because of the ability to train her daily, she's good at knowing what and where we buy and doesn't set up appointments that will waste her time. Is she more expensive than a $3 VA- absolutely. But she's worth ever cent we pay her (close to $50k last year).

    @Adrien S. Your Comment: "But 0.25% of 65K still generates enough leads for DMM to be profitable"

    My Comment: That's 16,250 phone calls. How do you handle the incoming load?

     Got it. So, your 0.25% is a bit closer to 0.00269231% Looks like you may have left out a couple of leading zeros after the period. No worries.

    I spend about a $1 a letter (envelope, paper, ink, stamp, labor) and about $0.50 a post card (printing, stamp)

    About how much are they charging to get 65,000 postcards out?

    Wow. You truly don't understand the difference between .25% and 25%, yet you're in here trying to correct Adrien, who had his numbers exactly right. .25% = one quarter of one percent. Not 25%. Can't believe I even need to say this.

    You win. You must have read "How To Win Friends and Influence people". Now the question is, would anyone want to invest with you? Probably not twice. ;-)

    I'm not looking for anyone to "invest with me".. however if I was, at least they could rest assured that they were partnered with someone who can work a decimal point.

    Fine, and also be a big pitooey to deal with. I'm not sure if anyone would invest with you or not, but your contumelious response based on basal proclivity is both opprobrious and droll as I gambol by dint of apperception.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.