Just curious what are the top marketing strategies that work for you. I am aware that the plan of action might vary from market to market but I am sure there is a common thread. Also, what strategy is completely outdated and not worth any investment at all? Looking to bring my skillset into RE and feedback of experienced investors will be highly appreciated. #marketing #remarketing
Hi Beata, Direct mail to sellers is a tried and true strategy that I use. Bandit signs, Facebook ads, Google ads, cold calling,and text are other ways to market. You can get address from listsource.com or sometime county assessors offices. But do your homework because text message blast and bandit signs could be illegal in your area.
Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
6y
First,
Lead generation and thus "marketing" has nothing to do with markets. So it is not market dependent.
You are marketing to humans. It is motivation dependent, not market dependent. That is the first thing that we need to understand in order to become successful.
There are no "different" kind of marketing.
There are only 2. Marketing that works, and ... luck.
Now I will introduce ONE simple concept that everyone needs to understand.
Most of you spend money, and or effort and or time to reach people. Yes PEOPLE!! And after all that time money and or effort is spend reaching "people" only them will they determine whether that person they reached is indeed motivated or not.
Obviously that is stupid. I only do effort or spend money (on gas going to walktroughs) AFTER they prove to me they are motivated.
Now, this is CRUCIAL!!
"DMM is a tried and true strategy" NEVER EVERRRRRRRRR again do I want anyone ever hear say this! This statement is COMPLETELY false. This is not a matter of opinion this is fact!
DMM is based on luck
DMM does not filter motivation
DMM has a less than 1%-3% open rate
DMM's 1%-3% open rate includes people yelling at you cursing at you, demanding to remove them from your list etc. etc.
DMM is expensive and ridiculously inefficient
DMM requires you to invest extra capital for skip tracing and re sending the mailers
Here are 3 marketing methods you need to invest in if you truly want to ensure you will become succesful and not rely on luck.
Order of lead quality:
1) SEO
2) PPC
3) FaceBook Ads.
Again this is not a matter of opinion, this is fact.
All these leads not only come to me without me having to lift a finger or pay a cent, they are completely motivated and I don't do any effort. Do you see how I only do effort after I know they are motivated? They vet themselves, they do all the work for me!