How to approach delinquent tax property owner?

How to approach delinquent tax property owner?

Stafford, TX · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hello,

I recently found three possibly abandoned properties while driving around a neighborhood. I then start researching those properties. 1st property has no problem at all, I think it's just messy from outside.

2nd one has a delinquent tax from 2020. It's very unusual in that neighborhood. I finally found the owner passed away in 2019 which makes sense.

The 3rd one has no problem either. Tax paid, car loan paid, nice and clean.

Here comes the interesting things. I tried to identify how to contact the inherited then I find the (passed away) 2nd property owner's name linked to the 3rd one. Guess what? the child is the home owner of the 3rd property!!! BINGO!!!

Alright, I now have some information and I believe it's an obvious inherited property in nice neighborhood but not well maintained. I wonder how should I approach the home owner in this situation?  TIA

0Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2020 · 433 posts · 284 votes
    5y

    How about a direct approach, something like...Hi, my name is Szute,I am looking for properties in this area. Do you have any interest in selling, or know anyone who might? Perhaps a hand written note, or letter.

    Hope this helps

  • Wilmington, NC · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    Hey Szute,

    Any luck? Any updates for us?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.