Hello Awesome People! How do you start Syndication as an OOS

Hello Awesome People! How do you start Syndication as an OOS

New to Real Estate · Trinidad & Tobago · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 2 votes

Hey Guys, so im interested in Syndication as an OOS newbie real estate investor but I have no idea where to start. Open to your thoughts on:

1) Where to start - Do I start my own company and begin to network? Do I network and find interested investors to get on board???

2) Is anyone doing syndication and what has that process been like for you?

3) As an international OOS investor are there restrictions?

4) Are you am investor who's like to invest in syndication/ Anyone interested in partnering? Let's connect!

1Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Paul MoorePro Member
Commercial Real Estate Fund Manager · Lynchburg, VA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y

Hi @Account Closed. I don’t think there are any restrictions against you as an international. But I think it might be harder to get large Investors based on your lack of track record in the space. I recommend that you start by reading and listening to everything you can. Learn all that you are able to have been consider joining a syndication mentoring program. There are several programs out there that will systematically take you through a process to learn this business. Along the way, you might get a chance to bring them good deals and partner with them or others.  You might have a chance to raise capital for them, or meet your new partner.

You might have a chance to raise capital for them, or meet your new partner.

I would start by reading Joe Fairless’s book on syndicated deals. And I would listen to The Real Estate Syndication Podcast with Whitney Sewell 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Paul MoorePro Member
    Commercial Real Estate Fund Manager · Lynchburg, VA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Hi @Account Closed. I don’t think there are any restrictions against you as an international. But I think it might be harder to get large Investors based on your lack of track record in the space. I recommend that you start by reading and listening to everything you can. Learn all that you are able to have been consider joining a syndication mentoring program. There are several programs out there that will systematically take you through a process to learn this business. Along the way, you might get a chance to bring them good deals and partner with them or others.  You might have a chance to raise capital for them, or meet your new partner.

    You might have a chance to raise capital for them, or meet your new partner.

    I would start by reading Joe Fairless’s book on syndicated deals. And I would listen to The Real Estate Syndication Podcast with Whitney Sewell 

  • New to Real Estate · Trinidad & Tobago · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Paul Moore Wow thanks so much for the value here! That makes a lot of sense to join a syndication mentorship program and ofc I can start right away with reading the book you suggested and learning more via podcasts.

  • Paul MoorePro Member
    Commercial Real Estate Fund Manager · Lynchburg, VA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Account Closed you’re welcome!  Feel free to reach back out to me when you’ve narrowed down the training programs. I went through the program with 37th Parallel and I learned so much. As far as I know they haven’t raise their prices in a decade.

  • New to Real Estate · Trinidad & Tobago · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Paul Moore you're super awesome! I just checked them out, im seeing they have webinars and some papers but not an actual program but ill keep exploring and will definitely reach out after I do!

  • Paul MoorePro Member
    Commercial Real Estate Fund Manager · Lynchburg, VA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Account Closed. Their program is called MPP - Multifamily Partners Program.  I can connect you to them whenever you wish.  PM me when ready.  

  • New to Real Estate · Trinidad & Tobago · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Paul Moore AWESOME! Thanks so much, will do!!!!!!

  • Andrew HoganPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 559 posts · 463 votes
    5y

    A great way to learn @Account Closed is by investing as a limited partner first with an experienced operator to allow you to get a grasp of the business. Good luck!

  • New to Real Estate · Trinidad & Tobago · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Andrew Hogan I see, got it! Thanks so much Andrew.. The more information and exposure the better! This sounds like a very wise way to go about it!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.