Aren't Utilities Paid by The Tentants?

Aren't Utilities Paid by The Tentants?

New to Real Estate 路 Singapore / Los Angeles 路 Member since 2023 路 24 posts 路 9 votes

Hi Biggerpocketters,

I am currently reading Brandon Turner's book 馃摎 and I have noticed that he kept saying when it comes to expenses that need to be paid each month, he would include utilities.

Aren't utilities paid by tenants? I am a newbie, so I apologize in advance if this a a stupid question but I am learning.

Thank you in advance! 馃憤馃徏

0Reply
122 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor 路 Provo, UT 路 Member since 2016 路 759 posts 路 626 votes
3y

It depends on the configuration of utilities. 

I would never ever make any specific person pay utilities as a rule. 

It is going to be property by property.

Now with that said in the Mobile Home Park Space and any multifamily space in general utilities are one of the greatest areas of increasing profitability.

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2023 路 1 post 路 0 votes
    2y

    I have a somewhat related question, I have section 8 tenant that has her mother living with her (with my permission, btw).  Her mother has a credit card that has her allowance for paying to utilities (some kind of elderly assistance I believe).  Are there any risks with giving her my account information so that she can directly contribute to this utility situation?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.