heat pump for renting out by the room

heat pump for renting out by the room

Member since 2019 · 22 posts · 2 votes

Hi house hacker for multiple single family households. I want to see if anybody has a heat pump installed in a SFH that is rented out by the room and what has been your experience been? What was your cost? Is it feasible? Should I be looking at other alternatives? What cost savings did you experience? Im looking to drive down the utilities bill that comes with having 4-5 people occupy the rooms using baseboard or wall heating. Any insight helps.

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Melanie P.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 922 votes
    2y

    Why do you care? Don't you divide up the electric bill each month between your tenants?

  • Colleen F.Pro Member
    Investor · Narragansett, RI · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y

    @Jonathan Craig  are you meaning heat pump forced air whole house or a minisplit system.  The minisplit system beat the electric baseboards hands down.  It costs more to keep one level with electric baseboards to 55 then it does to keep the two other levels of the house to 70. Now I figure the basement would l be more expensive but still. However if you have forced air now I wouldn't switch to minisplits, they will just leave them on.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.