What do you look for in boots-on-the-ground?

What do you look for in boots-on-the-ground?

Kimberly AbelnBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Dothan, AL · Member since 2020 · 70 posts · 40 votes

Hey everyone! I took over the management of our portfolio while living overseas, and found one of the most challenging pieces of management was finding someone to do an easy task (photos, move-out inspections, meeting a locksmith, etc.). I usually asked a friend or our Realtor, but would’ve preferred to hire a pro, who knew what to look for, as an investor. Now that we’re back stateside, I’ve begun this boots-on-the-ground service in our local area. I’m looking for feedback on what types of services YOU find yourself needing help with as remote landlords (or even landlords on vacation.)  Please LMK if I’ve missed a task that you find yourself needing help with. Thanks BP family!

  • Lockbox installation
  • Key duplication, meeting locksmiths, digital lock code changes
  • Meeting cleaners, landscapers, tradespeople
  • Property walk-throughs via phone and/or video conferencing
  • Move-in and move-out inspections
  • Placing signage on properties
  • Photos and videos
  • Property description copy writing
  • Scheduling contractors and tradespeople for vacant properties
  • Status reports on contractor/tradespeople progress
  • Property drive by
  • Mail pickup
  • Document delivery
    3Reply
    33 views

    5 Replies

    Jump to latestLatest
    • Real Estate Agent · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2024 · 46 posts · 21 votes
      2y

      I think this is a great list! Can't think of anything else. The picking up/ delivering keys to/from tenants is always a hassle! haha

    • Kimberly AbelnBusiness Member
      OP
      Real Estate Agent · Dothan, AL · Member since 2020 · 70 posts · 40 votes
      2y
      Quote from @Paige B.:

      I think this is a great list! Can't think of anything else. The picking up/ delivering keys to/from tenants is always a hassle! haha

      Thanks! Yes, it’s funny how such a simple task takes so much time 😆
    • Rental Property Investor · Monroe, WA · Member since 2018 · 177 posts · 98 votes
      2y

      Great list, an amazing service to support the community.

    • Kimberly AbelnBusiness Member
      OP
      Real Estate Agent · Dothan, AL · Member since 2020 · 70 posts · 40 votes
      2y
      Quote from @Tracy Minick:

      Great list, an amazing service to support the community.

      Thank you!!
    • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 5 votes
      2y

      Wow, wish you had started this in San Diego. Can’t seem to find any like this!

    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.