Canadian Focused Property Management and Accounting Software

Canadian Focused Property Management and Accounting Software

Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 6 votes

Hey BP Nation!

Are there any actually good property management and accounting software for Canadian landlords? I'm just looking for a good app that can help me record receipts and expenses, help me management income. 

I've heard Stessa and Buildium for the most part but find it's actually very difficult to use for the average small scale landlord (I have 7 doors)

The cost of Buildium I think is way too high for the small scale self managed landlord like myself. 7 units comes to $55/month

As for Stella, the UI isnt the greatest and probably tailored for more property management companies, and the accounting features are rather lacking for Canadian tax laws. On top of that looks like their app isnt available in the Canadian app store. 

Any of you small scale self managed landlord find any apps you truly enjoy? Or for the most part are we doomed to Excel spreadsheets?

0Reply
104 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2026 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8mo

    Hey Sailin Li,

    I totally understand the frustration with property management software for small-scale Canadian landlords. Most of the big platforms (Buildium, Stessa, Yardi) are either too expensive or built for the US market.

    For 7 units, you don't need all the bells and whistles of enterprise software - you just need something that helps you stay on top of compliance deadlines (rent increases, inspections, lease renewals) without breaking the bank.

    Have you looked into more focused solutions that just handle compliance tracking rather than full property management? Sometimes a simpler, specialized tool works better than trying to use a one-size-fits-all platform.

    Happy to chat more if you're interested!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.