Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 5 votes
I am under contract (closing 5/22) on a quadruplex in Austin, TX. Cash deal, using a wholesaler. All four units are occupied and the tenants are currently paying their rent via cash in person. I clearly do not want to continue that for a variety of reasons. What would be the best and smoothest way to transition the tenants to a different payment option? I would also like to protect my identity and I am filing a Wyoming LLC to manage a Texas LLC. So, I obviously don't even want to give out my personal address.
The tenants are low-income and may not have banks. Money order? Payment service?
Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
2y
Send a tenant notice letter signed by the seller at closing, this will instruct the tenants to pay a new way and that their lease is assigned to the new LLC.