How to Find Virtual Assistant or Business Manager

How to Find Virtual Assistant or Business Manager

Rental Property Investor · Naples, FL · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 5 votes

Having someone (or something) capture, track, communicate and close out my tasks (manage emails, manage calendar, find/hire/manage) is invaluable.  I had a virtual assistant in the Philippines but between spotty electricity and a non-robust process I need more.

People swear by Claude but I’m wondering what y’all use?

Thank you!


1Reply
252 views

Most Popular Reply

Abel CurielBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5mo
Quote from @Paul Pha:

Having someone (or something) capture, track, communicate and close out my tasks (manage emails, manage calendar, find/hire/manage) is invaluable.  I had a virtual assistant in the Philippines but between spotty electricity and a non-robust process I need more.

People swear by Claude but I’m wondering what y’all use?

Thank you!



 Hello Paul,

I've used VAs from the Phillipines and other countries for over 5 years and haven't looked back.

It hasn't always been easy but below are a few things that have helped me tremendously:
- Create and Edit SOPs regularly. Gino Wickman wrote a great book "Traction" that helped me implement and refine my systems
- Use a VA staffing agency. The agency is pricier than paying a VA directly but they'll hold the VA accountable, sub someone else in if/when internet connection are unstable, and more
- Create a Loom account to record videos for any and every task. This helps with onboarding VAs

Regarding Claude, I haven't used it but am looking into it currently based on recommendations from other networks I am part of.

Lastly, I'd recommend looking into automations. Tons of youtube DIY videos to help BUT if you're like me, you might want to seek help for this as well. I've found people to hire for help setting up automations/workflows through networking and on Fiverr

Hope this helps!

Abel

REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Abel CurielBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5mo
    Quote from @Paul Pha:

    Having someone (or something) capture, track, communicate and close out my tasks (manage emails, manage calendar, find/hire/manage) is invaluable.  I had a virtual assistant in the Philippines but between spotty electricity and a non-robust process I need more.

    People swear by Claude but I’m wondering what y’all use?

    Thank you!



     Hello Paul,

    I've used VAs from the Phillipines and other countries for over 5 years and haven't looked back.

    It hasn't always been easy but below are a few things that have helped me tremendously:
    - Create and Edit SOPs regularly. Gino Wickman wrote a great book "Traction" that helped me implement and refine my systems
    - Use a VA staffing agency. The agency is pricier than paying a VA directly but they'll hold the VA accountable, sub someone else in if/when internet connection are unstable, and more
    - Create a Loom account to record videos for any and every task. This helps with onboarding VAs

    Regarding Claude, I haven't used it but am looking into it currently based on recommendations from other networks I am part of.

    Lastly, I'd recommend looking into automations. Tons of youtube DIY videos to help BUT if you're like me, you might want to seek help for this as well. I've found people to hire for help setting up automations/workflows through networking and on Fiverr

    Hope this helps!

    Abel

    REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Naples, FL · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    5mo

    Thank you thank you! Do you have a VA agency you'd recommend? And SOPs for tasks like:

    Email management 

    Calendar Management

    Hiring management 

    People management 

    I am using one now for the same reasons you mentioned.  But it’s a newer agency

    I will be listening to “Traction” this afternoon.  I’m also like you in that I need help with automation…sometimes I wonder if I missed “technology” day haha.


    You truly made my day, thank you!  Paul 

  • Real Estate Agent · Memphis · Member since 2026 · 558 posts · 326 votes
    5mo

    Hi Paul! 

    What you're describing is less about finding "a VA" and more about building a system that a VA can actually operate inside.

    Most breakdowns (missed tasks, inconsistent follow-up, communication gaps) usually come from unclear workflows rather than the assistant itself. If task capture, priorities and expectations aren't structured, even a solid VA will struggle.

    On the tool side, AI (ChatGPT, Claude, etc.) can help with drafting and organization but it doesn't replace execution. What tends to work best is a hybrid — clear workflows + a VA handling the day-to-day + AI supporting where needed.

    If you're looking to rebuild this more reliably, it's worth working with a team that focuses on both the assistant and the process behind them. Groups like CoreAssist Virtual Staffing take more of structured approach — not just placing a VA, but aligning them with how your operations actually run.

  • Virtual Assistant · Abuja, Nigeria | Remote · Member since 2026 · 75 posts · 28 votes
    5mo

    You're absolutely right . when it works, having the right support person is invaluable. But from experience, the issue is rarely just finding a VA, it's finding someone who can operate with structure and ownership.

    What you described (email management, calendar, hiring, follow-ups) is closer to business management/operations support than a basic VA role.

    A lot of VAs struggle in setups where:

    There’s no clear workflow or task tracking system Communication isn’t structured

    Expectations aren’t tied to outcomes

    That’s usually where things break down not just electricity or location.

    The most effective setups I’ve seen (and personally work with) combine: A clear system (task manager like ClickUp/Asana, documented SOPs)

    AI tools for speed (drafting, sorting, etc.)

    And a VA who can actually manage, prioritize, and follow through without constant supervision

    That last part is key . you want someone who doesn’t just wait for instructions, but can keep things moving and closed out.

    If you’re still looking, I’d be happy to share how I handle inbox, calendar, and task management for clients to keep things consistent and stress-free.

  • Peter MckernanBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Agent · Irvine, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5mo

    This is always a balancing act. I have had many VAs, which are great for minimum tasks and have not found a VA system is great for really complex tasks (just my experience). I have ended up using VAs and still do for minor repetitive tasks, and then used either a remote employee or manager in the office for more in-depth tasks.

    The McKernan Group4.957 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Naples, FL · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    5mo

    Jim thank you for the referral I will follow up with them!

  • Rental Property Investor · Naples, FL · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    5mo

    Hi Chizona thank you for the generous offer.   I will definitely take you up on it!  When similarly valued people get it, want it and can do it 400 unit portfolios happen!

    • Virtual Assistant · Abuja, Nigeria | Remote · Member since 2026 · 75 posts · 28 votes
      5mo
      Quote from @Paul Pha:

      Hi Chizona thank you for the generous offer.   I will definitely take you up on it!  When similarly valued people get it, want it and can do it 400 unit portfolios happen!

      Thank you, Paul! I appreciate it!  looking forward to getting started and delivering results.
  • Rental Property Investor · Naples, FL · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    5mo

    Peter this sounds like great wisdom gained over time, I will follow.  thank you!

  • Member since 2026 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    4mo

    @Paul Pha

    This is something a lot of investors run into: the VA model works in theory but falls apart without the right infrastructure and process behind it.

    The electricity and Internet issue is real it's one of the biggest operational risks when working with independent VAs. What makes a difference is having clear processes and accountability built in, so even when disruptions happen, there's a system to fall back on rather than everything just stopping.

    On the AI side, Claude is great for personal productivity but it's not really built to manage tasks, emails, and calendars on its own. Most people who get real results are pairing AI tools with a human who knows how to operate them.

    What does your current task load look like is it mostly admin, tenant communication, or more of a mix?

  • Rental Property Investor · Naples, FL · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    4mo

    Thank you for your thoughtful response!  I'm 100% admin because my independent property managers communicate with tenants.  

    For instance I spent 30 min on the phone with a bank bc I double paid a mortgage and wanted a payment reversed.  Part of my soul is depleted with admin like that lol!

    I dream of a service that is so good it gets rid of my admin.  AI with humans on top sounds like the ideal scenario...now just to find and communicate with these folks!

  • Member since 2026 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    4mo

    Yeah, the double payment call is peak admin pain.

    The 'AI with humans on top' model is exactly what you're looking for and it does exist. Happy to point you in the right direction via DM

  • Member since 2026 · 52 posts · 16 votes
    4mo

    the VA problem you're describing is actually a systems problem, not a people problem.

    when your VA has spotty electricity or quits, you're back to zero because the process lived in their head. what you need is the system first — task capture, tracking, communication workflows automated and documented — then the VA executes within that system.

    most real estate operators I know who scaled past this built a central hub where everything flows: emails auto-create tasks, calendar syncs with follow-ups, communication logs in one place. then whether it's a VA, AI tool, or you running it, the system stays intact.

    are you currently tracking everything manually or do you have some kind of CRM or workflow system in place?

  • Hinton, WV · Member since 2023 · 47 posts · 7 votes
    3mo

    honestly I think the process matters more than the tool. Claude, ChatGPT, n all the AI stuff can help, but if the workflow aint solid, ur just automatin chaos.

    for me, the biggest jump came from gettin my CRM, follow up, n VA workflows dialed in. once everyone knew their lane, I wasnt spendin all day managin tasks. hit me up, ill give u a look at my whole setup

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.