Rental Property Investor · Summerville, GA · Member since 2021 · 20 posts · 9 votes
We did the 90 day BiggerPockets challenge and we close this Wednesday on a quadplex! We live 50 minutes away and plan to manage the property ourselves.
What software/app should we use to collect and manage rent?
Any other advice on software/apps to manage the details?
Rental Property Investor · Edmond, OK · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
4y
Congratulations!! A 90 day challenge in 2017 was what really kicked off my investing.
I personally use Buildium for my PM software. It's a little more expensive and more robust than what most people will probably need. I started on this, so I have chosen to stick with it and not try to switch everything over.
Cozy.co was really popular but recently was acquired by Apartments.com. I haven't personally used it since the change, but a lot of people are really unhappy with it.
Tenantcloud is supposed to be great, but again I'm on buidlium so I can't really speak to it from experience. I know it's quite a bit more affordable than buildium but supposedly has better usability compared to the new apartments.com version of Cozy.
Rental Property Investor · Edmond, OK · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
4y
Congratulations!! A 90 day challenge in 2017 was what really kicked off my investing.
I personally use Buildium for my PM software. It's a little more expensive and more robust than what most people will probably need. I started on this, so I have chosen to stick with it and not try to switch everything over.
Cozy.co was really popular but recently was acquired by Apartments.com. I haven't personally used it since the change, but a lot of people are really unhappy with it.
Tenantcloud is supposed to be great, but again I'm on buidlium so I can't really speak to it from experience. I know it's quite a bit more affordable than buildium but supposedly has better usability compared to the new apartments.com version of Cozy.
Rental Property Investor · Laurel, MD · Member since 2016 · 378 posts · 382 votes
4y
@Maritza McKinney Congratulations!!! Former Cozy user and loved it! We tried Avail and they didn't work for us. Tenants complained it wasn't easy to use or that it wouldn't collect their funds fast enough from their accounts. (go figure). Another issue, if a tenant receives a late fee. They cannot simply pay the total amount due. They have to pay that months rent and go back and pay the late fee.
We have tested a few other platforms and are leaning towards Innago. It's straight forward, easy to use and for the tenants, they can sign in with their Google or Facebook account.
My best advise is to research about 5 or 6 platforms, see what might fit you best. Then pick the top 2 or 3 and test them out. That will let you know which one will work best for you. Good luck!
Chicago, IL · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 4 votes
4y
I just bought a 4 flat and am leasing up the units for the first time. I'm trying out Innago because it's free and so far the first tenant I was able to screen, sign the lease and have them pay rent no problem through the platform. The second unit was a couple and I had trouble sending the lease to both of them, so we ended up signing it on paper. Otherwise the site and app works well from what I have seen so far. When I had a question, I left a message and someone from Innago called me back within a couple hours.