Anyone investing in Timmins Ontario?

Anyone investing in Timmins Ontario?

Real Estate Agent · Vancouver, British Columbia · Member since 2015 · 39 posts · 6 votes

Anyone investing in Timmins Ontario?

I am seeing some cheap prices up there.  Although they are up 30% from last year .. still looks affordable.  Anyone got any investments in that city and what are the rents like? 

0Reply
36 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Toronto · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    I don't have any investments in Timmins, but I've been looking at investing in Northern Ontario and comparing it with other communities. While the prices are low, I'm concerned about the steadily decreasing population over the past 10 years, the high property tax rate, and the elevated crime rate and unemployment rate. Based on the numbers, it seems like Sudbury or North Bay may be better. However, I'd be interested to hear from someone who's invested in Timmins and what their experience has been like.

  • Specialist · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 891 votes
    4y

    @Solomon Yasin

    Timmins is in the middle of nowhere..

    I am sure the numbers make sense but like any small town it lacks growth

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.