Biggerpockets Meetup(s) in Toronto?

Biggerpockets Meetup(s) in Toronto?

Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 1 vote

Hey everyone 

Just a quick intro and hello 

I am an intermediate investor and Realtor in Toronto Canada.

Question... are there any Biggerpocket Meetups currently in Toronto?

Cheers ... Health, Happiness, and Success to All !

0Reply
182 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Ottawa, Ontario · Member since 2018 · 52 posts · 13 votes
8y

I'm new to Toronto and am also up for meetups and would like to connect with other real estate investors in the area.

See this reply in the discussion

53 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Hi all!  I'd love to meet up!!  I'm in Mississauga area, but work downtown (union station), so I'm good with wherever.  Let me know!

    Angela

  • Rental Property Investor · Dubai, United Arab Emirates · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    I would be interested to join the meet ups but I will be in Toronto on this dates October 17-19

  • Member since 2018 · 27 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    There's absolutely no way I can make this one, but I'll see you all at the next :) 

  • Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 23 votes
    8y

    Hi folks, I'm late to the party but glad to see a lot of folks active downtown! I'm in King West and have a triplex on the west end, and the meetups really spurred me to take action in a supportive environment.

    I'm a regular at this meetup at Bloor-Yonge and it's more beginner-friendly with people interested investing in Toronto proper - there's one next Thursday on financing (come say hi if you attend!):

    https://www.meetup.com/Volition/events/252476702/?...

    There's also this one which generally has more experienced folks investing all over GTA/Ontario:

    https://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Real-Estate-Investo...

    Both usually involve a trip to the pub after :) Friendly people in both!


    I can't join the Starbucks one as I have dragon boat practice on Tuesdays, but hope to make the next one!

  • Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Awesome ! Thanks @Florence Lee

  • Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Thanks @Florence!!

  • Specialist · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 564 posts · 425 votes
    8y

    Thanks for mentioning my meetup Flo.

    I host only monthly in Toronto, second Wednesday of every month. Message me if you would like details.

    Sad that I missed this last meetup you organized!

  • Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Hey Guys ... really good meeting you all that made it last night 

    Looking forward to the next one!

  • Real Estate Agent · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    I second that, it was very nice to meet everyone and see where people are at on their journey & what backgrounds they're coming from! 

  • Real Estate Educator, Mentor, Investor · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2015 · 206 posts · 86 votes
    8y

    @Luc Boiron would you please post a link to my Meetup in Toronto? BP considers me posting it myself, as being a promotion... so I'd appreciate you posting it (only if you feel it is of value to the BP community....)! LOL...

  • Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    8y
    Originally posted by @Claude Boiron:

    @Luc Boiron would you please post a link to my Meetup in Toronto? BP considers me posting it myself, as being a promotion... so I'd appreciate you posting it (only if you feel it is of value to the BP community....)! LOL...

    "An Educated Approach to Real Estate" on meetup. : )

    https://www.meetup.com/An-Educated-Approach-to-Rea...

  • Real Estate Educator, Mentor, Investor · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2015 · 206 posts · 86 votes
    8y

    Thanks @Rachel Fang!  :-)

  • Rental Property Investor · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    It definitely was a great meet up event. I learned a lot and appreciated meeting many talented and driven people!

    An amusing but interesting takeaway: what can you do with a house that is unappealing to the public because it was a site of a tragedy and is rumored to be "haunted" (yes, some people still believe in that...)? One thing you can try is to turn its weakness into its strength by marketing it as a "haunted house" on AirB&B, lol! If it becomes known as the "haunted house" of the area and you "renovate" it accordingly, you might even be able to charge a premium on it for tenants staying 1-2 nights! A new kind of theme park. I don't know if this would actually work, but it's food for thought! :)

  • Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Hi all,

    I've scheduled the next Meetup for Tuesday, September 18, 2018, at 7pm.

    @Jason Mercieca has not only volunteered his office for our Meetup, but he's also volunteered to be our first presenter!

    Jason will be presenting on "Real Estate Market Drivers : A discussion about the economic forces that influence real estate prices".

    The meeting is at 16 McAdam Ave, near Yorkdale Mall, and YES, there is parking nearby (across the street at Yorkdale Mall) and YES, there is air conditioning this time!

    Looking forward to see you all soon!

    https://www.meetup.com/meetup-group-eRCXVbxb/event...

  • Accountant · Ottawa, Ontario · Member since 2013 · 55 posts · 12 votes
    8y
    @Jason Mercieca Hi guys, there is a monthly meet up on Yonge street. Next one is sept 10 at 4916 Yonge st. Currach grill
  • Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    THanks @Elliott Milek 

  • Accountant · Ottawa, Ontario · Member since 2013 · 55 posts · 12 votes
    8y
    @Elliott Milek Forgot to mention that it starts at 6pm
  • Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    I would love to take part in one of these meetings. When is the next one?

  • Accountant · Ottawa, Ontario · Member since 2013 · 55 posts · 12 votes
    8y
    @Jason Mercieca Change of location. It’s at the frog at 4854 Yonge st now at 6pm. Reach out to Larry smeet beforehand.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.