American book and buying real estate in canada.

American book and buying real estate in canada.

Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hey everyone I'm a new member of the bigger pockets so bare with me if anyone talked about this but I'm from canada and looking to invest and wondering what books to purchase. So the question I have is theres a lot of American based books out there and was wondering if they are irrelevant to buying in Canada

0Reply
14 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 27 posts · 19 votes
    7y

    They are very relevant to Canada. 

    Books by Brandon Turner, Gary Keller, Kiyosaki and Don Campbell are great start!

  • Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    Just mostly ignore any discussions about tax and legal. But then you'll want a good lawyer and accountant to help you on those fronts. 

  • Developer · Victoria, BC · Member since 2018 · 115 posts · 73 votes
    7y

    @Jason Payne agree with both Jacob and Jason, most of US books are excellent, especially for the systems, strategies and motivation they provide.  If you are looking for Canadian Specific books, you can check out Don Campbell's books and I would recommend starting with "Real Estate Investing in Canada."  He also has one on Joint Ventures and Tax Tips.

  • Investor · Stouffville, Ontario · Member since 2011 · 213 posts · 65 votes
    7y

    Yep stick to any book by Don R. Campbell. He's Canadian and an amazing teacher. He walks the talk. You might find a story about me in one of his books ;) 

    Real Estate Joint Ventures: The Canadian Investors Guide to Raising Money and Getting Deals Done

    https://amzn.to/2RuZqNy

  • Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Awesome that's great to know!! So is there many canadian authors for real estate books? I know Don is one which I have almost all his books but wanna expand my library a little more. I have read Brandon Turner's rental property book and was soon get his low to no money down book as well. But

  • Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    thanks everyone yeah I kinda figured it out I bought all of Don's books and also joined REIN. It's been an amazing learning experience that's forsure.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.