Anyone interested in a Meetup in Winnipeg?

Anyone interested in a Meetup in Winnipeg?

Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 1 vote

Just curious if anyone from Winnipeg would be interested in an investor meetup if it was organized. I saw there are other meetups but it seems like it's the "pay me 20k for my secrets to being a billionaire" kind of thing which I have no interest in.

Start in a small place and grow from their. Good place to network, maybe find JV opportunities, pick each other's brains, etc.

Let me know if there's interest and I may try to organize something.

1Reply
41 views

Most Popular Reply

Vendor · Winnipeg, Manitoba · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 3 votes
7y
"Originally posted by @Justin Pilotte:

For anyone on here looking for meetups in winnipeg there is a group called truly invested in winnipeg that are great. there is a membership  fee but first one is free. they are on insta if interested. Also one called teammate I believe I'll double check..."

Justin, I wouldn't tell someone to avoid those two groups as such, however, I would encourage you to look behind the curtain as it were.  Any networking event that charges you for anything is selling something; usually a course or a seminar and will expect you to pay a lot of money for information that's easily found on Bigger Pockets for free.

Super slick "networking" events are often a front for high cost "mentorships".

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Red Deer, AB · Member since 2017 · 50 posts · 33 votes
    7y

    Hello Mike ! I'm originally from Manitoba and find myself back home all the time ( 5 or 6 times a year ). As such, I try to keep an eye out for any opportunities so if you are putting together a gathering, I would certainly make the effort to attend. It's a bit of a hike for me, and my schedule may not allow for it, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw my name in the hat as a possibility. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Winnipeg, Manitoba · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    I’m in Winnipeg and interested in meetup so yes count me in.

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Hey,

    I'm in Winnipeg and ready to get my first property.

    I would be down for a meetup!

    I'm approaching two years in Winnipeg and anticipate staying here for at least another 5 years.

  • Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Would definitely be interested

  • Winnipeg, Manitoba. Canada · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    I'm in.

  • Winnipeg, MB · Member since 2019 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Mike Langin Any luck yet?

  • Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Andrew Toews I haven't set anything up yet. Been pretty busy lately, and I'll have to brand it something different as I can't use any reference to BP and I'm not sure I want to get that involved in it. Figured it would be something simple for coffee or drinks but it's not the case.

  • Winnipeg, Manitoba · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    +1

  • Investor · Canada · Member since 2017 · 40 posts · 32 votes
    7y

    Count me in! 

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    I would definitely be interested in that, I'm in.

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Is this still in the works?

  • Winnipeg, MB · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hey Mike

    If this is still in the works, I would definitely be in.

  • Vendor · Winnipeg, Manitoba · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    I would be interested as well.  Where's the complication coming from Mike?  Just wondering why it's not as simple as coffee and drinks.

  • Rental Property Investor · Winnipeg, Manitoba · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    I can start one from meetup if you guys are interested.

  • Winnipeg, MB · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Im in too! Just getting started in the game and would love to conncet with like minded people.

  • Winnipeg, MB · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    That would be great @Account Closed

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    I'm in too

  • Rental Property Investor · Rapid City · Member since 2018 · 38 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Hi I'm new to the Winnipeg area and would like to know has any date or place been set for a local meetup?

  • Rental Property Investor · Winnipeg, Manitoba · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    For anyone on here looking for meetups in winnipeg there is a group called truly invested in winnipeg that are great. there is a membership  fee but first one is free. they are on insta if interested. Also one called teammate I believe I'll double check.  I'm also willing to be part of something new though

  • Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Count me in.

  • Vendor · Winnipeg, Manitoba · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    7y
    "Originally posted by @Justin Pilotte:

    For anyone on here looking for meetups in winnipeg there is a group called truly invested in winnipeg that are great. there is a membership  fee but first one is free. they are on insta if interested. Also one called teammate I believe I'll double check..."

    Justin, I wouldn't tell someone to avoid those two groups as such, however, I would encourage you to look behind the curtain as it were.  Any networking event that charges you for anything is selling something; usually a course or a seminar and will expect you to pay a lot of money for information that's easily found on Bigger Pockets for free.

    Super slick "networking" events are often a front for high cost "mentorships".

  • Rental Property Investor · Winnipeg, Manitoba · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Jamie the only reason they charge money there is because they rent a space for these meetups, they have coffee and water. small costs, small charge, good information and everyone u meet is from Winnipeg it's a good networking opportunity for sure. the only thing they try to sell is there membership fee which is like 350$ a year which is so u can go to all there meetups without worrying about paying there 40$charge. 

    You right in that BP is great to learn but it is limited to networking for winnipegers. Some real players from the city go to that and that's what matters I think

  • Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    I would also be interested 

  • Vendor · Winnipeg, Manitoba · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Justin Pilotte Truly Invested does seem to be better than most. I suppose I am jaded and would just like to see a legit Meetup and networking with no strings attached and no cost. Doesn't seem like rocket science to me.

  • Rental Property Investor · Winnipeg, Manitoba · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jamie Buhler:

    @Justin Pilotte Truly Invested does seem to be better than most. I suppose I am jaded and would just like to see a legit Meetup and networking with no strings attached and no cost. Doesn't seem like rocket science to me.

     Me too.  I will do something to get a group up and running as soon as I can.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.