Good mortgage broker(s) in Ottawa, Ontario

Good mortgage broker(s) in Ottawa, Ontario

Rental Property Investor · Ottawa, ON · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 0 votes

Hello BP-er, specifically those in the Ottawa/Gatineau area,

I'm looking for a good mortgage broker in Ottawa - one who understands rental properties, specifically in how to utilize different strategies to scale a rental property portfolio.

I find the brokers I've been in contact with thus far haven't been able to catch on to the big picture of growing a sizable rental property portfolio in a span of 7-10 years. It could be that I was poor at articulating my vision (and goal) and/or perhaps I'm connecting with the wrong folks - ones' with a more traditional mindset/approach to real estate investing.

Any contact(s) would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Best,

Nick

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Ottawa, Ontario · Member since 2017 · 145 posts · 52 votes
6y

I've used Kristin Stauffer at KR Mortgages. Detailed, quick to reply, and gets it done. http://www.krmortgages.com/

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Ottawa, Ontario · Member since 2017 · 145 posts · 52 votes
    6y

    I've used Kristin Stauffer at KR Mortgages. Detailed, quick to reply, and gets it done. http://www.krmortgages.com/

  • Developer · Ottawa, Ontario · Member since 2019 · 105 posts · 58 votes
    6y

    I had good luck with commercial lending at Desjardins Casse Special.  The lady I dealt with is based in Cornwall but she does ottawa and eastward, very knowledgeable.  Deals with large multifamily portfolios and told me I would be able to do portfolio loans as I grew.  She may be worth a shot, not sure if I can say her name, but direct message me if its something that interests you.  

    I would try Chris's recommendation if youre looking for someone a bit more local.

  • Rental Property Investor · Ottawa, ON · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Chris Habets

    Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Ottawa, ON · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Paul H. Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Hamilton, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 285 posts · 181 votes
    6y

    @Nicholas Yee I work with investors all over Canada but am based in Ontario. Lending is similar across the country with some minor nuances but within Ontario the financing is the same city to city. 

    Send me a DM & I can build out a mortgage strategy for you to position you to close on multiple properties.

  • Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Nicholas Yee

    I’ve had good luck with Garth Chapman at Jencor. He’s got a few dozen rentals still himself and did over 100 flips in Calgary at one point. I haven’t hit the wall yet at 9 transactions. You don’t need a broker face to face to get it done fast, I’ve always just used google docs and a quick telephone call and Garth gets it done fast. Haven’t actually seen the guy for the last 7 years likely!

    His email is just first name at jencormortgage

  • Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Nicholas Yee

    I’ve had good luck with Garth Chapman at Jencor. He’s got a few dozen rentals still himself and did over 100 flips in Calgary at one point. I haven’t hit the wall yet at 9 transactions. You don’t need a broker face to face to get it done fast, I’ve always just used google docs and a quick telephone call and Garth gets it done fast. Haven’t actually seen the guy for the last 7 years likely!

    His email is just first name at jencormortgage

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.