leveraging properties from Canada to buy in USA?

leveraging properties from Canada to buy in USA?

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 10 votes

Hi,
I'm a dual citizen, Canada and USA.  Just curious if anyone has used their Canadian property to leverage and buy properties in the USA? Can this be done?

Appreciate your response


Erik

0Reply
24 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 237 posts · 153 votes
    5y

    @Erik Ped

    If you use a lender like TD or similar which operates on both side of the 49th it won’t be too hard. They’ll essentially use your Canadian credit to qualify you. I’m not in that sandbox currently but that is one way to make it happen. Another is cash purchase... not fond of that one personally.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Kitchener, Ontario · Member since 2014 · 687 posts · 370 votes
    5y

    I bought each of my Florida properties by using a hime equity line of credit on my personal home here in Canada.  Then as I made money I paid off the line of credit.

    Good luck. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 10 votes
    5y
    thanks for your suggestion @Frederick P wallberg. appreciate it!!

    erik




    Originally posted by @Frederick P wallberg

    @Account Closed:

    @Erik Ped

    If you use a lender like TD or similar which operates on both side of the 49th it won’t be too hard. They’ll essentially use your Canadian credit to qualify you. I’m not in that sandbox currently but that is one way to make it happen. Another is cash purchase... not fond of that one personally.

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 10 votes
    5y
    thats great to hear!  thanks roy!

    erik

    Originally posted by @Roy Cleeves:

    I bought each of my Florida properties by using a hime equity line of credit on my personal home here in Canada.  Then as I made money I paid off the line of credit.

    Good luck. 

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Kitchener, Ontario · Member since 2014 · 687 posts · 370 votes
    5y

    My pleasure 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.