Questions About Don Campbell's REIN Book

Questions About Don Campbell's REIN Book

Member since 2021 · 33 posts · 7 votes

Hello All,

I was suggested by few people in this forum to start with Don Campbell's books and I did as suggested. I am doing my exercise in Chapter 5: How to tell if a town will boom or bust (The 12 Keys). However, I am unable to do research on few points, I couldn't find the latest demographics online. The best and latest I can find the demographics are for 2016 which is a bit outdated given the current market. And with COVID, I see few of the points listed in this book are not relevant anymore.

Here is some information I am unable to research:

2. Increase in Average Incomes

3. Increased in Migration and Demand

Appreciate if any experts who follow the ACRE system help me understand how to research this, or if this is not relevant anymore?

Appreciate your time and help.

0Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 237 posts · 153 votes
4y

@Sriram Kumar Bikkina

Demand for detached housing has increased everywhere due to covid. If I were you, I’d try and find numbers up to 2019 and then post 2019. Split it up. Realtors association usually publishes up to date stats. You should be able to track down the last 18 months that way.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Port Coquitlam, BC · Member since 2017 · 520 posts · 527 votes
    4y
    Latest income statistics:  https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/210323/dq210323a-eng.htm

    Interprovincial migration:  https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/91-209-x/2021001/article/00001-eng.htm

    Demand for rental properties can be found at CMHC: https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en...

  • Member since 2021 · 33 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    @Account Closed, thanks a lot for your response. I have looked at the CMHC report earlier but I think it takes some time to learn how to navigate with data with the other two you shared. Thank you.

  • Member since 2021 · 237 posts · 153 votes
    4y

    @Sriram Kumar Bikkina

    Demand for detached housing has increased everywhere due to covid. If I were you, I’d try and find numbers up to 2019 and then post 2019. Split it up. Realtors association usually publishes up to date stats. You should be able to track down the last 18 months that way.

  • Rental Property Investor · Toronto · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    I'm reading the same book, and I found a great website called Townfolio that has all these statistics. If you click "view data" next to any of the charts it will give you a more detailed year-by-year chart. I was looking at Windsor, so the link will take you to the info page for that city, but you can search any community in the search bar at the top.

    https://townfolio.co/on/windso....

  • Member since 2021 · 33 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    @Madeline Currie, thanks for the link this is very helpful but looks like the data is from 2017 and not very recent. Do you think this is still relevant while making an investment decision?

  • Rental Property Investor · Toronto · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    @Siram Kumar Bikkina What data are you looking at? Because a lot of the data goes up to 2021 when you click the "view data" button next to each graph.

  • Member since 2021 · 33 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    @Madeline Currie, how did I miss that. Attention to detail is something I need to work at. Thanks for the explanation. I am good now.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.