Starting my real estate investing journey

Starting my real estate investing journey

Rental Property Investor · Toronto · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 8 votes

Hi everyone,

I recently discovered this forum, and it's really been helpful to me. I posted a question a couple weeks ago, but I thought maybe I should introduce myself to the community:

My name is Madeline, and I live in West-end Toronto. I went to Humber for my Bachelor in Jazz and Contemporary Music, and I currently work with the Canadian Armed Forces as a musician. In my civilian life I'm a songwriter, and I also play trumpet with a few rock/R&B/pop bands and artists. Initially, my goal was just to house hack so I could afford my own home, but as I did more research I discovered the world of real estate investing. Although I'm really grateful for my current employment with the military, it's a bit sporadic and unpredictable in terms of schedule and income. I would like to start establishing a passive income/appreciating assets so I have a steadier income and can spend more time on my music and not worrying about money so much.

I'm looking forward to meeting and connecting with you all, and I'd be interested in hearing your stories as well. If you need help with any projects you're working on, I'd be happy to help out however I can and learn more in the process.

Cheers,
Madeline

3Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Mortgage Broker Canada · Member since 2015 · 316 posts · 118 votes
4y

@Madeline Currie Hello Madeline, so happy you found BP and welcome. Good on you for introducing yourself and since you've written a short bio, you might want to add this to your profile on this BP. Click on your photo - top right hand corner to go to the profile page. You say you want to meet and connect with others here, one way is to engage in this forum which you have done. I'd also recommend you 'like' responses to your questions as an acknowledgement of the time other BPers have taken to read and respond your post. Keep learning and you'll achieve your RE goals. Cheers.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Port Coquitlam, BC · Member since 2017 · 520 posts · 527 votes
    4y

    @Madeline Currie welcome to BP, and thanks for sharing your story.  The vast majority of new members come in with an empty profile and don't share anything about who they are and what they want to accomplish. Further, most come in with a "please help me" instead of your "how can I help you" approach. You'll find lots of support on these forums from Canadian investors; don't hesitate to build relationships and ask questions. 

  • Specialist · Mortgage Broker Canada · Member since 2015 · 316 posts · 118 votes
    4y

    @Madeline Currie Hello Madeline, so happy you found BP and welcome. Good on you for introducing yourself and since you've written a short bio, you might want to add this to your profile on this BP. Click on your photo - top right hand corner to go to the profile page. You say you want to meet and connect with others here, one way is to engage in this forum which you have done. I'd also recommend you 'like' responses to your questions as an acknowledgement of the time other BPers have taken to read and respond your post. Keep learning and you'll achieve your RE goals. Cheers.

  • Rental Property Investor · Toronto · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    Hi Chris, it's a pleasure to meet you. And thanks, I think it's important to offer something in return for all the valuable advice the seasoned investors here are giving.

  • Rental Property Investor · Toronto · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 8 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Julie Toh:

    @Madeline Currie Hello Madeline, so happy you found BP and welcome. Good on you for introducing yourself and since you've written a short bio, you might want to add this to your profile on this BP. Click on your photo - top right hand corner to go to the profile page. You say you want to meet and connect with others here, one way is to engage in this forum which you have done. I'd also recommend you 'like' responses to your questions as an acknowledgement of the time other BPers have taken to read and respond your post. Keep learning and you'll achieve your RE goals. Cheers.

    Hi Julie, thank you for the warm welcome. I updated my bio so it's not empty any more, and thanks for pointing out the "votes" button, I definitely want to show my appreciation. Cheers

  • Rental Property Investor · Madison, AL · Member since 2019 · 487 posts · 658 votes
    4y

    @Madeline Currie

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, and I love seeing veterans start their journey to Financial Independence! I am an active duty Army Officer with over 14 years of service. Reach out if you ever need anything! 

    RLTW, 

    Josh 

  • Rental Property Investor · Toronto · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 8 votes
    4y
    @Joshua McMillion:

    Hi Joshua, it's great meeting another member of the Forces here! I see you send a PM, so I'll reach out to you there.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.