How Do You Get the Best Prices for Appliances

How Do You Get the Best Prices for Appliances

Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting, but I've been watching for a while. I've just purchased my first house hack in Mississippi that I hope to rent out fully after a year. I got a good deal on the house considering it was MNLS, was able to talk the seller down in price and get some closing costs covered. However, it doesn't come with a fridge. How do ya'll get the best deal on appliances for your rentals? Are there any particular retailers who offer the best prices? Also, should I just bite the bullet and replace all the old kitchen appliances to get a reduced price (bundle deal)?

Thanks in advance!

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Pat HeidingsfelderBusiness Member
Real Estate Broker · Biloxi, MS · Member since 2016 · 169 posts · 92 votes
4y

I’ve gone lots of routes, Facebook marketplace is decent. Best deals are the scratch and dent section at Lowes. Make friends with the pro desk and they can let you know when deals pop up! Good luck! 
Where in MS are you?

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Pat HeidingsfelderBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Biloxi, MS · Member since 2016 · 169 posts · 92 votes
    4y

    I’ve gone lots of routes, Facebook marketplace is decent. Best deals are the scratch and dent section at Lowes. Make friends with the pro desk and they can let you know when deals pop up! Good luck! 
    Where in MS are you?

  • Contractor · California, CA · Member since 2020 · 32 posts · 27 votes
    4y

     I have bought from HD supply the scratch and dent selection. Minor cosmetic repairs and save a lot.

  • Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    Quote from @Pat Heidingsfelder:

    I’ve gone lots of routes, Facebook marketplace is decent. Best deals are the scratch and dent section at Lowes. Make friends with the pro desk and they can let you know when deals pop up! Good luck! 
    Where in MS are you?


    I'm in Hattiesburg
  • Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 769 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Myrissa Nearman:

     I would avoid buying used if I were you. In my experience it just means buying another fridge in a few months. There is a Loews in Hattiesburg. You might be able to get a better price if you order it online and have it delivered. If you don't have a Loews card get one as you get a 5% discount or you can finance it for six months.  

  • Realtor · Hattiesburg, MS · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    Hey Myrissa,

    I'm in Hattiesburg. We find most of our appliances at Dirt Cheap or on clearance at Lowe's (the Petal Lowe's is best.)

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    Facebook marketplace 

  • Morris County, NJ · Member since 2020 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    @Myrissa Nearman

    Not sure on your timing, but if i know I need them, I purchase them on sale during the holidays and just set the delivery date out into the future.  So, for flips I've purchased on a July4th sale but set the delivery to Oct.  Don't forget you can also move the delivery date around after the purchase.  Certainly you don't want to go to far out, especially if/when the model gets discontinued.  You don't want to be playing games with it, but if you have time this is one way to go.  I hope that helps.

  • Atlanta · Member since 2019 · 62 posts · 37 votes
    4y

    Hey @Myrissa Nearman , I just got my first tenant earlier this week. The house had been vacant, and there wasn't a fridge or W/D. 

    I found a W/D on local Facebook Marketplace. It looks to be in pretty good condition, but the plastic safety tab on the washer was broken, and one foot was bent from dragging around. It is about a year old, so I was able to order replacement parts on the GE website... I think the shipping cost as much as the parts did. :) lol 

    For the fridge, my wife looked at FB Marketplace and found a few. However, the price for a used basic fridge was not much less than a new one if purchased on sale, so she suggested we look at Home Depot & Lowe's. Plus, unless the seller is a business, there's a risk they are dumping their problem appliance on you. 

    Buying new, it is clean and fresh, and comes with a warranty. Best of all, I don't have to load it on the trailer, deliver it, unload it, move it in the house, and set it up. I have a Pro account, so the local store only charges $20 to delivery and setup... well worth it, IMO. :) 

    We picked a 20 cuft size as they have three adults and three kids. We also added an ice maker, as the water line is already in place, and I didn't want their kids traipsing around the kitchen carrying full ice trays. I used to spill half the water when I was a kid. :) lol

    We wanted white, as the cabinets, the stove, and the dishwasher are also white. I didn't realize how popular stainless steel had become; there were only a few white units to pick from, and the only "scratch & dent" units were steel finish, so we did pay "retail on sale" price.

  • Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 769 votes
    4y

    I don't provide washers and dryers for my tenants, just a stove and fridge. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2021 · 45 posts · 31 votes
    4y

    This might be a little harder, but you could find a realtor/investor/moving company that has access to appliances and furniture for sale or trash.

    I just got a free couch and dining room table from my friend who has a moving company. 

    Networking is a blessing!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.