Identity theft moving forward

Identity theft moving forward

Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hey there I’ve been saving money while reading up on small multi family rentals that I wish to buy in the near future. Recently my identity was stolen and many transactions were made. After a couple months everything is thankfully back in place but my info still gets used from time to time and I have to follow up. Does anyone know how bad this can affect getting a house loan or how long I have to wait until I can apply for one? 

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Francisco Disla:

    Hey there I’ve been saving money while reading up on small multi family rentals that I wish to buy in the near future. Recently my identity was stolen and many transactions were made. After a couple months everything is thankfully back in place but my info still gets used from time to time and I have to follow up. Does anyone know how bad this can affect getting a house loan or how long I have to wait until I can apply for one? 

    Sorry to hear that you are one of millions whose identity has been compromised.
    Getting financing will be lender dependent and depend on what proof you can show. If a problem shows up during a purchase, it can slow things down until you can convince underwriting it wasn't you.

    We've been told that you can "lock" your credit at Experian, Trans Union and Equifax if your identity has been hacked. Check it out. It might save you some trouble.
  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    Thank you and yes I have it all locked 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.