Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2022 · 21 posts · 2 votes
I’m having a hard time deciding between the two of these companies. I’m about to take my license exam. Despite what some of the posts on here say about starting as a licensed agent before jumping into investments, I’ve decided this is the route I’d like to go.
I’d like to be an investor friendly real estate agent and I’d like a company who supports that. I’d like there to be high quality training and lessons offered at that company as well. From my research it seems these are my best options.
Hoping someone can help me decide and tell me why I should or should not choose a certain one.
Contractor · Greater Houston and Greater Seattle · Member since 2023 · 22 posts · 9 votes
3y
My own experience, which could be different from others. I like Keller Williams because of the training that they offer. I found the training to be excellent and it had a very good support staff. eXp didn't seem to have a similar set up. For a new agent, the training and camaraderie in the office is extremely important to professional development. eXp may have these in some locations, it just wasn't the case in my situation. Just based on my experience, I like KW more. But like I said, this is just my experience and someone else could experience the complete opposite.
Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
3y
@Rick Albert Well I'll bet there are more investor agents at Keller Williams from the CEO down to the agent level than any other brokerage. Keller Williams also wrote the books like Millionaire Real Estate Investor, HOLD, and FLIP. Three great books about investing. You should read all 3, so you can get a jump start on those niches or be familiar with the terms and concepts so you can assist other investors.
KW has been named the #1 training company in the world in the past, not just against other real estate comanies, but all companies. Training is a serious endeavor at KW from the CEO down. Probably more training offered in most offices and online than almost you could ever take.