Rehab Valuator

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
12y

@Ronald Friesen

I have no knowledge of it but I suggest two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Paul

See this reply in the discussion

49 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Ronald Friesen

    I have no knowledge of it but I suggest two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Paul

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 18k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    12y

    Ronald,

    Can you tell us what particular software you're referring to?

  • Fresno, CA · Member since 2013 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    Hi J Scott,

    I found the link on this site when I was reading some of the blogs. I don't have the authors name with me, I will check when I get back to my office.

    By the way I have read both your books on flipping, very good, thanks for taking the time to spell it out. I will be reading them again.

    Thank you very much

    Ron

  • Fresno, CA · Member since 2013 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    J. Scott,

    The author is Daniil Kleyman, and it was advertised on BP

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 18k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Ronald Friesen:
    J. Scott,

    The author is Daniil Kleyman, and it was advertised on BP

    Interesting...I had never noticed it...I'm interested in taking a look, and will provide any feedback/info I can find...

  • Real Estate Investor · Lewiston, ME · Member since 2014 · 15 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Hi I ordered the software and I could not use it with my mac. I have to purchase an additional excel software for 130.00. The customer service seems good as they are communicating well and answering in a timely fashion.

    About the software I beleive it will give you an edge with rehabs and as investments. It allows you to approach lenders with a very clean, organized and professional looking proposition. As far as how it performs I cannot answer yet.

  • Englewood (North Dayton area), OH · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Hello there Kyle - I was looking into this software as well and found it very interesting. I am assuming you got the premium version. Care to share any updates?

    Thanks,

  • Real Estate Investor · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    I bought the software. It's pretty straight forward. Excel format, fields are prepopulated and built with macros. Several features I like are the ability to print reports, especially the ones for investors/lenders to view. You can even insert pics of the properties. I'll post more once I've "mastered" the software.

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2012 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    I use it everyday and like it a lot.

    Great tool

  • Burlington County, NJ · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 14 votes
    12y

    I downloaded the free version, RehabValuatorLite, and it helped me to analyze deals (double check what I've already done).  I also used the data from it to prepare a handout to send to investors.  Getting good feedback.   Also been watching the instructional videos on how to use it.   Might get the premium version. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Lansdowne, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 656 votes
    12y

    @Ronald Friesen I've been using rehabvaluator for a few years now and I'm quite pleased. When I bought the premium version it was approximately $100. A one time payment only and the customer service is quick in response and professional. I'm not very computer saavy so I needed assistance with the set up.

    It's a great tool for putting packets together for wholesaling, lease/option and rehabbing. Should you seek out private lending its a serious plus to be able to show your future lender potential profit in writing with percentages charts, back-up exit strategies, IRR etc. I believe there's a rental version also (catering to landlords). Not a bad investment at all.

    Kudos,

    Mary

  • Investor and Property Manager · Waterbury, CT · Member since 2013 · 36 posts · 12 votes
    12y
    Thanks guys
  • Investor · Riverview, FL · Member since 2014 · 114 posts · 33 votes
    12y

    I have the premium version and it gives you the needed information and also print nice reports to present to private lenders or investor buyers. The free version works fine too and can give you what you need.

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2012 · 289 posts · 74 votes
    12y

    I have used the premium version extensively for the last two months. It allows you to present a very professional report to your client.  I like it.   

  • Investor · AZ · Member since 2014 · 130 posts · 64 votes
    11y

    Thanks for all the input since I've been re-evaluating this software online.  I used it a few years ago when it first came out - it has since improved immensely!  It's now an incredibly valuable tool for presentation to potential lenders.

  • Contractor · Clifton Heights PA · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    @Anthony Aguillard Just to ask another question, as I see you are a "PRO" member on BP and have access to the rehab calculator. What is the difference between the Rehab Valuator that you pay for and the investment calculators that are offered by BP on this site?

    Thanks in advance for any insight.

    Rob

  • Involved In Real Estate · Falls Church, VA · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thank you to all who talked about their experience using the Rehab Valuator.  I was starting to research the software and I was a little skeptical about what it could do.  It's great hearing some real experience.  I'm also interested in the answer to the question about the 'rehab calculator' and the 'Rehab Valuator' differences.

    Thanks!

  • Berkeley, CA · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    I've downloaded the free version of Rehab Valuator and am researching other similar softwares out there. So far I've seen RealEstateTools and CashFlowAnalyser. Any feedback on how these products compare to one another?

  • Involved In Real Estate · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    I paid for it in their shopping cart yesterday. when you download it, you have to wait for an activation code. It's been 24 hours, 3 email requests and 2 phone calls later and still no activation code. So far, I'm not impressed..

  • Involved In Real Estate · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    3 minutes after this post, the activation code came. I guess when you order on a Friday night with a small company, orders take a little while to fulfill. Now I finally can package my deals correctly to investors and at a much faster rate!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 172 posts · 64 votes
    11y

    Hello J Scott 

    Did you ever dig up any info on this Rehab Valuator software? I'm looking to raise private money for my deals so I was wondering if you'd done any more research on it.

    I'm also interested in others feedback as well, especially those who bought the software/program.

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 18k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Philip Bashaw:

    Hello J Scott 

    Did you ever dig up any info on this Rehab Valuator software? I'm looking to raise private money for my deals so I was wondering if you'd done any more research on it.

    I'm also interested in others feedback as well, especially those who bought the software/program.

    I never did take a look.  Regardless, my recommendation for software would be from HouseFlippingSoftware.com -- all the apps were created by @David Robertson, a frequent BP contributor...

  • David RobertsonBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2010 · 757 posts · 778 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @J Scott:
    Originally posted by @Philip Bashaw:

    Hello J Scott 

    Did you ever dig up any info on this Rehab Valuator software? I'm looking to raise private money for my deals so I was wondering if you'd done any more research on it.

    I'm also interested in others feedback as well, especially those who bought the software/program.

    I never did take a look.  Regardless, my recommendation for software would be from HouseFlippingSoftware.com -- all the apps were created by @David Robertson, a frequent BP contributor...

    Thanks again for the endorsement @J Scott,

    Just a minor correction, the website is www.houseflippingspreadsheet.com. :)

    RehabValuator is our main competitor and I believe they have been on the market a few more years then House Flipping Spreadsheet, but we have grown significantly over the last few years. 

    We are building out our 4th iteration of the software in the last 2 years, and have gone from just a deal analysis tool, to a comprehensive rehab system that includes Deal Analysis, Project Management & Accounting tools and reports.

    Feel free to check us out at www.houseflippingspreadsheet.com.

    Thanks!

    FlipperForce
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 172 posts · 64 votes
    11y

    @David Robertson 

    I was just looking at your product and pricing via your website. It looks good! I am in the process of looking for a private money lender (or lenders) and want something that I can use to help with that. I've lost out on some really good deals due to lack of funding.

    Thanks for your input guys!

    Phil

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 172 posts · 64 votes
    11y

    Hello BP Forum!

    I'm thinking about buying the RehabValuator premium as well but I notice this thread is almost a year old. One thing that bugs me about the presentation online is that the examples Mr Kleyman presents are from 2011. For those of you that bought it, can you login and get updates? It seems almost too cheap for a onetime payment of $97.

    Also, has anyone used it successfully to fund their deal via private money?

    Thanks! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.