• Maui, HI
Votes |
Whitener & Flynn Properties LLC Management - St. Louis

Joshua Dorkin
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:53

To anyone has been affected by the closure of Whitener & Flynn Properties LLC Management company out of St. Louis, MO:

BiggerPockets is creating a private discussion area on this forum where we can all share information and help one another out.

On July 5, 2007, Whitener & Flynn Properties LLC sent out letters to the owners of the properties that they were managing saying that the company would be shutting down on July 10, 2007. Not only did they close with essentially no notice, but it appears that many owners have not gotten paid their money (rents & security deposits) from this company.

The firm's partners - Travis Whitener and Amber Flynn seem to be unreachable at this time, and appear to not be returning phone calls. In addition, other realtors at the firm including Ann Schrodt and Amy Jones are also not returning calls or emails from what I'm told.

FYI - I am one of the property owners that has been affected by this situation.

[b]If you would like to join in on this discussion, please notify me directly, or just reply to this thread.
[/b]
Together, hopefully we can keep one another informed of the situation and work together to make sure everyone gets taken care of.

For everyone's info here are some numbers (these will be updated as more people join in):

Number of WF Clients: 8
Number of Properties Managed: 16 (3-4plexes, 1-3plex, 4-duplexes, 8-SF homes)
Number of units under management: 31
Number of Tenants under management: 29
Money owed to owners: $21,300

Note that the above info is just a tiny portion of the clients of WF. It seems like people have been somewhat reluctant to speak out, but we will continue to gather data to share with everyone.

Thank you,

Loading replies...