Hey @Art Webb
We've been using it for a while. Privy is definitely a solid tool for finding expired listings, especially if youre an investor looking to streamline your search. A firend of mine, who’s been flipping properties for over a decade, swears by it. He mentioned that Privy’s Auto Deal Finder is a game changer. It essentially pulls expired listings along with properties that have been sitting on the market for too long. You can set specific criteria to spot underpriced homes, distressed properties, or anything that’s flown under the radar.
I know several investors have had more luck with using water shut off lists, so while it's more work, that might be an even better approach.
One thing to note is that Privy compiles real-time MLS data and integrates public records, so you're not just getting a snapshot of the listing status but a full picture, including owner history, property condition, and any price drops over time.
That said, if your focus is primarily on expired listings, I'd also suggest checking out RedX—they’re known for their niche in expireds and FSBOs. I’d say give both a shot and see which platform fits your style better.
Hope that helps! Feel free to DM me if you want a walkthrough of how we typically filter deals on Privy.
Cheers,
Jasper, the Pat Aboukhaled investor team,
Turning investment visions into reality in Phoenix, AZ - ranked #1 for residential real estate growth and opportunity by PwC.
I don't personally do that, but I know some investors use the public information act to get this information. For example, The Public Information Act (PIA) allows citizens to inspect or copy government records, including water bills in Texas. Different States have different rules but in general the harder the data is to get, the more effective it is.
Hey @Art Webb
We've been using it for a while. Privy is definitely a solid tool for finding expired listings, especially if youre an investor looking to streamline your search. A firend of mine, who’s been flipping properties for over a decade, swears by it. He mentioned that Privy’s Auto Deal Finder is a game changer. It essentially pulls expired listings along with properties that have been sitting on the market for too long. You can set specific criteria to spot underpriced homes, distressed properties, or anything that’s flown under the radar.
I know several investors have had more luck with using water shut off lists, so while it's more work, that might be an even better approach.
One thing to note is that Privy compiles real-time MLS data and integrates public records, so you're not just getting a snapshot of the listing status but a full picture, including owner history, property condition, and any price drops over time.
That said, if your focus is primarily on expired listings, I'd also suggest checking out RedX—they’re known for their niche in expireds and FSBOs. I’d say give both a shot and see which platform fits your style better.
Hope that helps! Feel free to DM me if you want a walkthrough of how we typically filter deals on Privy.
Cheers,
Jasper, the Pat Aboukhaled investor team,
Turning investment visions into reality in Phoenix, AZ - ranked #1 for residential real estate growth and opportunity by PwC.
Thank you Pat ! Appreciate your detailed response !
@Art Webb I don't knot that there is one best source. Theoretically they should be all pulling about the same list.
PropStream
Deal Machine
Property Radar
Landvoice
Mojo Dialer
plenty of others.
@Account Closed One of my cities acted all hurt when I asked them for the shutoff list, but FOI request got it pretty quickly. I also pulled a few more list from FOI requests. One they fought hard and took it to the state AG for privacy, which should have no pricy restrictions on it anyway. AG reminded them they had already provided the list to many other people and could just send me the same list...and they did pretty quickly and at no charge. Most of the time it is in the cities interest to provide these lists even they they act like they don't want to do it. If the water is shutoff, that means it should be vacant. Better to get someone living there vs having vacant property. You just have to remind them of reasons for improving the city. In one of the cities I work you can actually go thru the FOI requests and often pull the excel link to lists already created for others. Plenty of lists to work and some people had some pretty good ideas, even if they weren't exactly real estate related, no reason you can't use the same list.