Skip to content
Ask About A Real Estate Company

User Stats

Votes
Jim Tiernan
  • Wholesaler
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Anybody else having issues with Mack Companies in Chicago?

Jim Tiernan
  • Wholesaler
  • Denver, CO
Posted Aug 6 2015, 00:04

I have a turn-key rental with Mack Companies in suburban Chicago that has been vacant for FOUR MONTHS!

A small sample of my issues with the management:

Finding out a tenant has moved out weeks after the fact. When the monthly statement came it showed a big fat 0 for rent. No communication. How hard is it to send a one sentence email that the tenant moved out?

Rent lowered by hundreds of dollars on a re-lease without a discussion or heads up.

Two months into vacancy I still don't have a tenant due to things like "it's a busy time of year". Really? You didn't factor in summer as a busy time of year in Chicago? Like this is different than any other summer? 

Two months into vacancy I'm then told the unit needs a refresh. Really? It took two months to figure that out? Shouldn't I have a list of needed repairs within a week of tenant moving out? I'm told the reason for the delay is the property "fell in a crack". In other words mis-managed.

Three months into vacancy I'm told "The timeliness of placing a tenant is affected by the change in market demand compounded with the specific location and property style. Well I'm pretty sure the location and property style hasn't changed.

Getting nowhere with the manager, At 3 1/2 months vacant I ask for a higher up manager who says my unit "has had a series of bad luck and unfortunately that may be the case with some real estate - remember, it is an investment not an annuity." Also he is "hoping to have a solution by Friday." I'm not holding my breath.

6 grand in lost rent and counting....

I've lost all faith in Mack Companies, buyer beware.

Loading replies...