Reviews of columbusturnkeyhouses.com

Reviews of columbusturnkeyhouses.com

Fremont, CA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hello fellow members!

I found this turnkey company in Columbus, Ohio.

I'm an out of state investor, and would like to know BP member's experience with this company. Are they legit? Did anyone had a bad experience especially from out of state?
This company provides cash flow analysis with each property, but it would be great if someone can personally attest to the accuracy of these numbers.

My main criteria is positive cash flow, and zero or very less involvement in day to day running of the property(I'll be using a property management company).

Thanks

1Reply
66 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Torrance, CA · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 35 votes
8y

Columbus Turnkey Houses paid for the paint job! I informed them that I was not satisfied and had other investments with no problems.  They, without my knowledge, went ahead and paid for the paint job when I was expecting to pay it myself.  They have won my respect and I am fully grateful for taking responsibility for their fully remodeled home. I will do business with them in the future, but I will definitely be more cautious than before! Lesson learned!

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joshua DawsonPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Dublin, OH · Member since 2013 · 111 posts · 36 votes
    9y

    @Aman Jain, looks like they are a real estate brokerage based in Grove City, Ohio (a Columbus suburb). Their brokerage is Real Solutions Realty. Looks like they are a legit brokerage (Ohio law requires anybody who sells real estate for a fee to be licensed, and all property managers must be working with a licensed broker), but I'd call an interview them if I were you. 

  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Aman Jain:

    Hello fellow members!

    I found this turnkey company in Columbus, Ohio.

    I'm an out of state investor, and would like to know BP member's experience with this company. Are they legit? Did anyone had a bad experience especially from out of state?
    This company provides cash flow analysis with each property, but it would be great if someone can personally attest to the accuracy of these numbers.

    My main criteria is positive cash flow, and zero or very less involvement in day to day running of the property(I'll be using a property management company).

    Thanks

    Hello Aman,

    While I am not familiar with that company, I am pretty familiar with turnkeys in Ohio. I would just suggest to make sure you are asking the right questions when you talk to them. Asking for other's experience is also a great way to get some information!

  • Property Manager · Columbus, OH · Member since 2012 · 309 posts · 275 votes
    9y

    The company is real (ie, not a scam or fraud). I know of the guys that run it. However, you should always ignore the numbers that come from any property seller. They will almost all be "tweaked" or outright made up. Discard them and perform your own analysis. Even if the numbers they provide are 100% accurate, they only show the past performance of the property. You need to develop an understanding of how the property will likely perform in the future.

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 47 posts · 85 votes
    9y

    I have worked with Dave and RJ for several years so they are definitely legit.  They are great guys to work with and knowledgeable about the Columbus market.  Of course, you should do your own due diligence on any turnkey deals like Peter Lohmann has mentioned.  They work with investors from all over the country and are on Jason Hartman's turnkey provider list for his investors.

  • Investor/Agent/CPA · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 249 posts · 207 votes
    9y
    I bought a turnkey from them recently and both Dave and RJ were great to deal with. I live in Columbus though and was able to physically drive and walkthrough the property. But their norm is out of state investors. Thanks!
  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Dave Payerchin can probably help you

  • Rental Property Investor · Torrance, CA · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 35 votes
    8y

    I have bought two properties through Columbus Turnkey Houses at the end of 2017.  In two months, one home had an eviction where the tenant completely destroyed the home and I had to pay $1,600 to fix all the damages. The other property, I just found out that the city gave a warning, a violation where the paint was cracking on the exterior.  Their work was poor and after the winter season, the paint already started to crack.  I will have to pay another $1,200 to paint the whole house.  I am an out of state investor and I am not pleased with what I was told.....a fully remodeled home where I would collect passive income.  Being new to this, I have learned a great lesson, but I would not take their word on anything, esp their own inspection and them getting tenants.  Be careful!

  • Rental Property Investor · Torrance, CA · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 35 votes
    8y

    Columbus Turnkey Houses paid for the paint job! I informed them that I was not satisfied and had other investments with no problems.  They, without my knowledge, went ahead and paid for the paint job when I was expecting to pay it myself.  They have won my respect and I am fully grateful for taking responsibility for their fully remodeled home. I will do business with them in the future, but I will definitely be more cautious than before! Lesson learned!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.