Hey Folks...just curious if any of the accredited investors lurking on BP have looked into Cardone Capital. I see he touts this particular arm of his company quite a bit lately, offering preferred returns during the "hold" phase and returns on invested capital on the exit side with multi family acquisitions.
I was so curious I had to sign up. I figured it would put me on a mailing list forever, but what the heck
I saw the PPM for Reserve at Ormond Beach.
They offered 6% preferred and a 65/35 split for everything after on returns and full capital back then 65/35 during disposa fees 1% asset management, 1% acquisition, and 1% disposition.A basic deal on a crowdfunding site (like RealCrowd or CrowdStreet) is 8-10% preferred and 80/20 or 70/30 split. 3-5% fees? Also lower minimums on crowdfunding sites and more experienced general partners.
Other points
Overall, my opinion is that it is inferior to most any deal you will see on CrowdStreet or RealCrowd. I do watch his real estate show every Monday, he teaches basics of commercial investing. It is not bad, you just have to filter out the stupid stuff like "retail is dead" and "any other syndication is stealing your money" He says he has a large percentage invested in every deal but if I am reading the PPM right then he has exactly 0% invested once it is fully funded. He sold 8,330,000 million worth of shares and that is the full equity stack. But he teaches the basics like NOI for people just learning. And he is entertaining to be sure.
Hope that helps satisfy your curiosity.
The REITS and Family Money (the right way to run syndications) takes 10% for syndicator and money is already raised. But, you have to be time tested and proven. Not new and learning as you go. The poor always get the worst deals. If ANYONE needs introductions to the direct SPONSOR of a deal who has a clean background and ISN't under SEC investigation I'm happy to connect you. I know of more than one syndicator on this platform that is under investigation. The risk is not the $ its the people.
I agree with @Meghan McCallum. The captain/crew are more important than the vessel.
I am thinking about taking a flyer on Cardone Capital Equity V with a small investment. I like his videos and podcasts about real estate. Seems to be focused on Class A, large properties that could be acquired by REIT's and PE funds. He boasts of a long track record.
The fund holding period is 10 years, so it requires a long-term commitment. This is different from many of the syndications I've seen, where the sponsor tries to give your money back within 5 years.
I am in some syndication deals but due to not being accredited, I don't see many opportunities to invest in Houston, Atlanta, Florida and other areas that GC invests in.
Please do keep us posted. The idea of him letting in non-accredited investors is very telling. If the DEAL is good enough, you wouldn't need non-accredited investors. The requisite funds would be swiftly raised from accredited investors if the deal is good. Same goes for needing a massive brand and marketing campaign. I was debating throwing in $25K, but his PPM has classic red flags/stay away when I read one of the earlier funds' PPM 1 year ago.
Not promoting GC here but what's wrong with opening up a legitimate investing vehicle for non-accredited investors. I'm assuming you haven't raised sizable pools of capital before but even accredited investors don't fall from the sky wanting to throw their money at each and every "good" deal. Sizable sponsors with decades long track record still have to slog it out to raise money (albeit with less pain than others).
Do agree on the red flags part. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....
This is inaccurate. A lot of the firms I invest in, when a new deal comes up, the folks who have already invested with them just fund it. It would even be hard for a new investor to get in. Not even talking about accepting non-accredited investors, which they don't.
I am okay with a new firm accepting non-accredited for their first 1 or 2 deals while they build an investor base. The best deals do have "accredited investors fall from the sky" they fill up 3 days after an email to existing investors :D
The deals I keep getting with non-accredited slots usually suck. And they usually have 3 or 4 additional capital raisers slogged on top of it, diluting returns even further. I won't sugarcoat this.
I agree with the sentiment of what you are saying but I think you might not have a good grasp on how these things work from a sponsor's perspective. Every single sponsor on the planet is trying to diversify their equity sources, even the ones that supposedly do not take money anymore like Baupost Group (Seth Klarman). This includes global behemoths like Blackstone and Apollo. While they may not accept your or my money (because it is too little), nonetheless, they, too, are actively expanding their equity sources (just at a very different level).
Not supporting CC here but till you haven't actually gone and raised $20M, $50M or even $100M (which only a handful of folks in the country can do easily), it's easy being a keyboard warrior and talking about technicalities.
It's very, very hard raising huge gobs of money. You have to fight for every dollar because money doesn't fall from the sky.
In other words, most big name sponsors aren't trying to buy a few SFR's or 1-2 multifamily properties per year. They have a pipeline in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Ain't easy filling that up.
P.S. Not saying I would invest in CC.
I'm talking typical 5-15M$ capital raises.
I am thinking about taking a flyer on Cardone Capital Equity V with a small investment. I like his videos and podcasts about real estate. Seems to be focused on Class A, large properties that could be acquired by REIT's and PE funds. He boasts of a long track record.
The fund holding period is 10 years, so it requires a long-term commitment. This is different from many of the syndications I've seen, where the sponsor tries to give your money back within 5 years.
I am in some syndication deals but due to not being accredited, I don't see many opportunities to invest in Houston, Atlanta, Florida and other areas that GC invests in.
Please do keep us posted. The idea of him letting in non-accredited investors is very telling. If the DEAL is good enough, you wouldn't need non-accredited investors. The requisite funds would be swiftly raised from accredited investors if the deal is good. Same goes for needing a massive brand and marketing campaign. I was debating throwing in $25K, but his PPM has classic red flags/stay away when I read one of the earlier funds' PPM 1 year ago.
Not promoting GC here but what's wrong with opening up a legitimate investing vehicle for non-accredited investors. I'm assuming you haven't raised sizable pools of capital before but even accredited investors don't fall from the sky wanting to throw their money at each and every "good" deal. Sizable sponsors with decades long track record still have to slog it out to raise money (albeit with less pain than others).
Do agree on the red flags part. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....
This is inaccurate. A lot of the firms I invest in, when a new deal comes up, the folks who have already invested with them just fund it. It would even be hard for a new investor to get in. Not even talking about accepting non-accredited investors, which they don't.
I am okay with a new firm accepting non-accredited for their first 1 or 2 deals while they build an investor base. The best deals do have "accredited investors fall from the sky" they fill up 3 days after an email to existing investors :D
The deals I keep getting with non-accredited slots usually suck. And they usually have 3 or 4 additional capital raisers slogged on top of it, diluting returns even further. I won't sugarcoat this.
I agree with the sentiment of what you are saying but I think you might not have a good grasp on how these things work from a sponsor's perspective. Every single sponsor on the planet is trying to diversify their equity sources, even the ones that supposedly do not take money anymore like Baupost Group (Seth Klarman). This includes global behemoths like Blackstone and Apollo. While they may not accept your or my money (because it is too little), nonetheless, they, too, are actively expanding their equity sources (just at a very different level).
Not supporting CC here but till you haven't actually gone and raised $20M, $50M or even $100M (which only a handful of folks in the country can do easily), it's easy being a keyboard warrior and talking about technicalities.
It's very, very hard raising huge gobs of money. You have to fight for every dollar because money doesn't fall from the sky.
In other words, most big name sponsors aren't trying to buy a few SFR's or 1-2 multifamily properties per year. They have a pipeline in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Ain't easy filling that up.
P.S. Not saying I would invest in CC.
I'm talking typical 5-15M$ capital raises.
I can assure you 99.9% of the people on this website (and the world) can not raise $5M, let alone $15M. Unless you're some capital raising savant, I wouldn't put the words $5M and typical in the same sentence.
Again, not saying you should invest with CC but you might have a warped sense of how hard it is to raise millions of dollars, multiple times a year.
I am thinking about taking a flyer on Cardone Capital Equity V with a small investment. I like his videos and podcasts about real estate. Seems to be focused on Class A, large properties that could be acquired by REIT's and PE funds. He boasts of a long track record.
The fund holding period is 10 years, so it requires a long-term commitment. This is different from many of the syndications I've seen, where the sponsor tries to give your money back within 5 years.
I am in some syndication deals but due to not being accredited, I don't see many opportunities to invest in Houston, Atlanta, Florida and other areas that GC invests in.
Please do keep us posted. The idea of him letting in non-accredited investors is very telling. If the DEAL is good enough, you wouldn't need non-accredited investors. The requisite funds would be swiftly raised from accredited investors if the deal is good. Same goes for needing a massive brand and marketing campaign. I was debating throwing in $25K, but his PPM has classic red flags/stay away when I read one of the earlier funds' PPM 1 year ago.
Not promoting GC here but what's wrong with opening up a legitimate investing vehicle for non-accredited investors. I'm assuming you haven't raised sizable pools of capital before but even accredited investors don't fall from the sky wanting to throw their money at each and every "good" deal. Sizable sponsors with decades long track record still have to slog it out to raise money (albeit with less pain than others).
Do agree on the red flags part. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....
This is inaccurate. A lot of the firms I invest in, when a new deal comes up, the folks who have already invested with them just fund it. It would even be hard for a new investor to get in. Not even talking about accepting non-accredited investors, which they don't.
I am okay with a new firm accepting non-accredited for their first 1 or 2 deals while they build an investor base. The best deals do have "accredited investors fall from the sky" they fill up 3 days after an email to existing investors :D
The deals I keep getting with non-accredited slots usually suck. And they usually have 3 or 4 additional capital raisers slogged on top of it, diluting returns even further. I won't sugarcoat this.
I agree with the sentiment of what you are saying but I think you might not have a good grasp on how these things work from a sponsor's perspective. Every single sponsor on the planet is trying to diversify their equity sources, even the ones that supposedly do not take money anymore like Baupost Group (Seth Klarman). This includes global behemoths like Blackstone and Apollo. While they may not accept your or my money (because it is too little), nonetheless, they, too, are actively expanding their equity sources (just at a very different level).
Not supporting CC here but till you haven't actually gone and raised $20M, $50M or even $100M (which only a handful of folks in the country can do easily), it's easy being a keyboard warrior and talking about technicalities.
It's very, very hard raising huge gobs of money. You have to fight for every dollar because money doesn't fall from the sky.
In other words, most big name sponsors aren't trying to buy a few SFR's or 1-2 multifamily properties per year. They have a pipeline in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Ain't easy filling that up.
P.S. Not saying I would invest in CC.
I'm talking typical 5-15M$ capital raises.
I can assure you 99.9% of the people on this website (and the world) can not raise $5M, let alone $15M. Unless you're some capital raising savant, I wouldn't put the words $5M and typical in the same sentence.
Again, not saying you should invest with CC but you might have a warped sense of how hard it is to raise millions of dollars, multiple times a year.
Nope. Good deals sell themselves and are oversubscribed in days. Grant accepting non-accredited investors is nothing more than a cash grab to make him and his family richer. Someone with a $100K net worth shouldn't even consider his 'deals'. I'm sorry but have you read his PPM? $5-10M is a low capital raise by the way.
I am thinking about taking a flyer on Cardone Capital Equity V with a small investment. I like his videos and podcasts about real estate. Seems to be focused on Class A, large properties that could be acquired by REIT's and PE funds. He boasts of a long track record.
The fund holding period is 10 years, so it requires a long-term commitment. This is different from many of the syndications I've seen, where the sponsor tries to give your money back within 5 years.
I am in some syndication deals but due to not being accredited, I don't see many opportunities to invest in Houston, Atlanta, Florida and other areas that GC invests in.
Please do keep us posted. The idea of him letting in non-accredited investors is very telling. If the DEAL is good enough, you wouldn't need non-accredited investors. The requisite funds would be swiftly raised from accredited investors if the deal is good. Same goes for needing a massive brand and marketing campaign. I was debating throwing in $25K, but his PPM has classic red flags/stay away when I read one of the earlier funds' PPM 1 year ago.
Not promoting GC here but what's wrong with opening up a legitimate investing vehicle for non-accredited investors. I'm assuming you haven't raised sizable pools of capital before but even accredited investors don't fall from the sky wanting to throw their money at each and every "good" deal. Sizable sponsors with decades long track record still have to slog it out to raise money (albeit with less pain than others).
Do agree on the red flags part. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....
This is inaccurate. A lot of the firms I invest in, when a new deal comes up, the folks who have already invested with them just fund it. It would even be hard for a new investor to get in. Not even talking about accepting non-accredited investors, which they don't.
I am okay with a new firm accepting non-accredited for their first 1 or 2 deals while they build an investor base. The best deals do have "accredited investors fall from the sky" they fill up 3 days after an email to existing investors :D
The deals I keep getting with non-accredited slots usually suck. And they usually have 3 or 4 additional capital raisers slogged on top of it, diluting returns even further. I won't sugarcoat this.
I agree with the sentiment of what you are saying but I think you might not have a good grasp on how these things work from a sponsor's perspective. Every single sponsor on the planet is trying to diversify their equity sources, even the ones that supposedly do not take money anymore like Baupost Group (Seth Klarman). This includes global behemoths like Blackstone and Apollo. While they may not accept your or my money (because it is too little), nonetheless, they, too, are actively expanding their equity sources (just at a very different level).
Not supporting CC here but till you haven't actually gone and raised $20M, $50M or even $100M (which only a handful of folks in the country can do easily), it's easy being a keyboard warrior and talking about technicalities.
It's very, very hard raising huge gobs of money. You have to fight for every dollar because money doesn't fall from the sky.
In other words, most big name sponsors aren't trying to buy a few SFR's or 1-2 multifamily properties per year. They have a pipeline in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Ain't easy filling that up.
P.S. Not saying I would invest in CC.
I'm talking typical 5-15M$ capital raises.
I can assure you 99.9% of the people on this website (and the world) can not raise $5M, let alone $15M. Unless you're some capital raising savant, I wouldn't put the words $5M and typical in the same sentence.
Again, not saying you should invest with CC but you might have a warped sense of how hard it is to raise millions of dollars, multiple times a year.
Nope. Good deals sell themselves and are oversubscribed in days. Grant accepting non-accredited investors is nothing more than a cash grab to make him and his family richer. Someone with a $100K net worth shouldn't even consider his 'deals'. I'm sorry but have you read his PPM? $5-10M is a low capital raise by the way.
lol @ low capital raise. Would love to see you post your numbers on capital raising.
Also someone with a $100K net worth shouldn't be investing in illiquid assets in the first place.
I have read his PPM and do feel that it is one-sided. But all major syndicators/PE firms have one-sided contracts. That's the price you pay to be with a headliner vs. an also-ran. Again, not saying that I would invest in CC but you have zero idea on how hard it is raise millions of dollars.
P.S. If you can raise $5M-$15M as easily as you claim happens in real life, let's talk!
I am thinking about taking a flyer on Cardone Capital Equity V with a small investment. I like his videos and podcasts about real estate. Seems to be focused on Class A, large properties that could be acquired by REIT's and PE funds. He boasts of a long track record.
The fund holding period is 10 years, so it requires a long-term commitment. This is different from many of the syndications I've seen, where the sponsor tries to give your money back within 5 years.
I am in some syndication deals but due to not being accredited, I don't see many opportunities to invest in Houston, Atlanta, Florida and other areas that GC invests in.
Please do keep us posted. The idea of him letting in non-accredited investors is very telling. If the DEAL is good enough, you wouldn't need non-accredited investors. The requisite funds would be swiftly raised from accredited investors if the deal is good. Same goes for needing a massive brand and marketing campaign. I was debating throwing in $25K, but his PPM has classic red flags/stay away when I read one of the earlier funds' PPM 1 year ago.
Not promoting GC here but what's wrong with opening up a legitimate investing vehicle for non-accredited investors. I'm assuming you haven't raised sizable pools of capital before but even accredited investors don't fall from the sky wanting to throw their money at each and every "good" deal. Sizable sponsors with decades long track record still have to slog it out to raise money (albeit with less pain than others).
Do agree on the red flags part. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....
This is inaccurate. A lot of the firms I invest in, when a new deal comes up, the folks who have already invested with them just fund it. It would even be hard for a new investor to get in. Not even talking about accepting non-accredited investors, which they don't.
I am okay with a new firm accepting non-accredited for their first 1 or 2 deals while they build an investor base. The best deals do have "accredited investors fall from the sky" they fill up 3 days after an email to existing investors :D
The deals I keep getting with non-accredited slots usually suck. And they usually have 3 or 4 additional capital raisers slogged on top of it, diluting returns even further. I won't sugarcoat this.
I agree with the sentiment of what you are saying but I think you might not have a good grasp on how these things work from a sponsor's perspective. Every single sponsor on the planet is trying to diversify their equity sources, even the ones that supposedly do not take money anymore like Baupost Group (Seth Klarman). This includes global behemoths like Blackstone and Apollo. While they may not accept your or my money (because it is too little), nonetheless, they, too, are actively expanding their equity sources (just at a very different level).
Not supporting CC here but till you haven't actually gone and raised $20M, $50M or even $100M (which only a handful of folks in the country can do easily), it's easy being a keyboard warrior and talking about technicalities.
It's very, very hard raising huge gobs of money. You have to fight for every dollar because money doesn't fall from the sky.
In other words, most big name sponsors aren't trying to buy a few SFR's or 1-2 multifamily properties per year. They have a pipeline in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Ain't easy filling that up.
P.S. Not saying I would invest in CC.
I'm talking typical 5-15M$ capital raises.
I can assure you 99.9% of the people on this website (and the world) can not raise $5M, let alone $15M. Unless you're some capital raising savant, I wouldn't put the words $5M and typical in the same sentence.
Again, not saying you should invest with CC but you might have a warped sense of how hard it is to raise millions of dollars, multiple times a year.
Nope. Good deals sell themselves and are oversubscribed in days. Grant accepting non-accredited investors is nothing more than a cash grab to make him and his family richer. Someone with a $100K net worth shouldn't even consider his 'deals'. I'm sorry but have you read his PPM? $5-10M is a low capital raise by the way.
lol @ low capital raise. Would love to see you post your numbers on capital raising.
Also someone with a $100K net worth shouldn't be investing in illiquid assets in the first place.
I have read his PPM and do feel that it is one-sided. But all major syndicators/PE firms have one-sided contracts. That's the price you pay to be with a headliner vs. an also-ran. Again, not saying that I would invest in CC but you have zero idea on how hard it is raise millions of dollars.
P.S. If you can raise $5M-$15M as easily as you claim happens in real life, let's talk!
Did I strike a nerve? I am invested with enough firms who don't need to hire additional capital raisers to spam their deals into email. They have established trust and rapport and results with investors. Their deals are good but it's almost secondary.
Yes, $5-10M is a small capital raise. A $50-100M fund is a different story where bringing in someone else's network and paying a finders fee is appropriate.
GC's PPMs are not only one sided, they are the most one sided I've ever seen. I've actively looked to find terms (for investors) as bad as his.. haven't found them yet.
I don't need to raise capital because my expertise is better used elsewhere. Raising capital is hard if your deals suck. ie. 16%IRR with assumed annual 4% rent and 3% expense growth.
I'm an accredited investor and signed up to get more info by email. That was a mistake. I get a ridiculous amount of emails and I can't opt out. I've clicked the link at the bottom of the emails but the link doesn't work and so there is no way to opt out of their many emails. If they can't do that honestly then I don't trust them in general, so I won't do business with them.
I'm an accredited investor and signed up to get more info by email. That was a mistake. I get a ridiculous amount of emails and I can't opt out. I've clicked the link at the bottom of the emails but the link doesn't work and so there is no way to opt out of their many emails. If they can't do that honestly then I don't trust them in general, so I won't do business with them.
Exactly my experience. Not someone who's hands I want my money in.
I would do your homework. I believe Grant's allows a min of $5k, so if you want to use that "to get your feet wet in investing" not a bad idea. There are a lot of syndicators out there I would do your homework and see who you like, has solid deals. I would focus on deals that truly pay monthly distributions. As some might, we pay monthly but do not expect any distribution for the first year or 2. For example, we are buying a couple of properties and truly pay monthly(first check 90 days after closing) and just charge an asset management fee plus ownership in the deal. I would review the deals as again in our humble opinion all these fees and costs are overkill for the investors and the deal. Last item "Cash Flow is King"
In full disclosure, I have not invested with Cardone Capital. However, I did review numerous PPMs and SAs from them over the past year and a half on their funds and individual offerings. After reading these replies and having invested in about 14 syndications myself, I'd say you can find lower fees and better value-add properties through other groups out there. I'm not saying that you shouldn't invest with Cardone, just saying there are some other great syndicate groups out there as well. Best of luck!
In full disclosure, I have not invested with Cardone Capital. However, I did review numerous PPMs and SAs from them over the past year and a half on their funds and individual offerings. After reading these replies and having invested in about 14 syndications myself, I'd say you can find lower fees and better value-add properties through other groups out there. I'm not saying that you shouldn't invest with Cardone, just saying there are some other great syndicate groups out there as well. Best of luck!
Well said. That is putting it lightly, though.
@Evan Brady - having come from the brokerage world, and not having done a deal with Cardone- I would say the main reason Grant is closing on the deals with his own money is for a few key reasons:
1. It's probably the only way he's able to compete with the big boys (think apartment owners who have 50K+ units and billions to deploy). If the brokers asked "where is the money coming from" and he couldn't show proof of funds- he wouldn't be at the same table as the big boys. Essentially, it's Deal Certainty.
2. Time- he's likely putting up hard money on day 1 and then having to remove conditions in 18-21 days. It would be very difficult to raise the equity required and do your due diligence up front in that time frame.
3. He has the money available- so use that now with the confidence that he will raise the funds at a later time without pressure.
4. Last- it's a marketing differentiator. Grant is able to position himself against other syndicators by saying he believes in the deal so much he'll use his own funds to do the deal himself. Most syndicators (myself included) don't have that liquidity or social presence (of millions) to close and then raise equity.
In my opinion and watching Grant for past 3 years- he's a smart businessman and excellent marketer. He is doing what he can to sway investors to his deals- and he needs to be able to communicate why he's different. I'd say what he's doing is working.
The more money he raises- the more deal flow he sees (network effect of commercial real estate investing).
Saying all that- when you look at crowdfunding sites, like Crowdfund and Fundrise (2 I'm most familiar with)- there are some heavy hitters with deep track records doing deals on these platforms.
Most commercial investors/developers don't have the platform Grant has- so they are leveraging these crowdfunding sites to raise capital and from my observation, seem to be doing well.
For the record- I have not raised equity using the Crowdfunding route. At this point, I'd prefer to grow my investor base from people I know and develop relationships with (which is a slower route- but fits my investing goals).
Hope that helps.
how's your experience with Cardone?
I was in his mentorship program last year. I paid attention. If anyone is thinking about investing w GC passively...you just need some better exposure to deals. I have a large number of friends and high level business partners that would NEVER go a quarter without an investor update. A conscientious operator will often give monthly updates...even if its just pics, plans, or promises. It's an investors kind of HGTV...we want to see our beautification. It also help comfort people. If I took 100K off your hands wouldn't you be just slightly uncomfortable...just a little?
It seems like he let his plan slip and another friend of mine who is syndicator caught it too. He bought a property with HIS cash then sold it for a $25M premium to his investors. He DID not disclose this...when I realized what he did...and yes...gave 7% with his 35/65 split I was floored.
He broke his word throughout the program, when things would fail he'd laugh it off and make another rule like, "No Negativity". Well, that good and all...but...then anyone who expresses any discord with his message he'd put down. Never engaged in conversation. Controlled every second he could. It was sad that by day two of his conference I realized that he had been near me so many times and I didn't care to turn around.
His conference did have value...but not in his conference, or message, or investment ploys.
The people that follow him are passionate! Many have become great friends of mine. But, if you love being sold constantly, then being high pressured into EVERYTHING.
After studying him it was often that I saw him do and say things that lead me to seeing that he has a scarcity mindset. The same for the guys who talks about all the units he controls (when its really a company you work for...owned by a number of people you've never met).
We are about to see a **** show in multifamily investing. I know people who are COACHING syndications and have never done one. They are speaking at conferences. People are also investing in their projects.
Grant is opening up his investments to non-accredited investors because (I'm hoping) the accredited AND sophisticated investors are the ones are walking away. People trust what they know. But, the trend is personalization, connection, and balance. This is where business is going in the next 3-5 years. If you are looking to invest, find someone who will allow you to get to know them, who communicates with you (I raised a measly $45k and the borrower was instructed to give us monthly reports because we know what our investors want, he almost ruined the relationship when he didn't follow through and raised his voice at me telling me that my investors don't know what he knows). My investors are normally other real estate investors who want a better deal, with better treatment, cause no one should be reduced to being a faceless number unless they want to be. Some syndicators are inviting the investors to learn along their investment.
Moral of the story, take your time finding the right operator. The right team can raise a diamond from the dirt, a **** team could ruin Rodeo Drive.
Note the factual number of posts removed. Most likely inappropriate, but NUMEROUS. That's not normally a good sign. Maybe, just maybe...they were expressing...negativity?
Unless you like NLP being used on you.
Thanks so much for your insight! This is just what I needed to read.
I am almost done with his book "How to create wealth investing in RE" where in the introduction he states his goal is to "one day take my holdings to Wall Street as a REIT" like you mentioned. and in the very first paragraph of Chapter one he admits to mortgage fraud: "I put $5k down and got a loan saying I would live in the house. But by the time I closed the deal I changed my mind (wink wink) and rented the property..."
As of today, 24 oct 19, CardoneCapital has a very long negative review that was rated as five star. It was someone that had previously given their rating of 1 star, where it obviously wasn’t posted, so they rated 5 stars and their negative review was posted.
After watching just a few YouTube videos I’ve seen stuff that doesn’t make me trust him too much. For ex, I just finished watching a video where he goes over a deal. He’s multiplying 10x600x12 and he says it’s 84,000. A voice in the background says “no, it’s 72k.” Grant is adamant it’s 84k. GC uses the calculator and still says its 84k! Then does it once more and after realizes he’s wrong, writes 72k and says to the person who said the correct number all along “it’s 72,000, what’s wrong with you?” To which the voice responds “you’re right.”
This may be super super small. But that type of mentality: not admitting when you’re wrong, sidestepping when you’re at fault and in return putting someone else down sounds like 1) our president and therefore, 2) not someone I automatically want to give my money to.
I was in his mentorship program last year. I paid attention. If anyone is thinking about investing w GC passively...you just need some better exposure to deals. I have a large number of friends and high level business partners that would NEVER go a quarter without an investor update. A conscientious operator will often give monthly updates...even if its just pics, plans, or promises. It's an investors kind of HGTV...we want to see our beautification. It also help comfort people. If I took 100K off your hands wouldn't you be just slightly uncomfortable...just a little?
It seems like he let his plan slip and another friend of mine who is syndicator caught it too. He bought a property with HIS cash then sold it for a $25M premium to his investors. He DID not disclose this...when I realized what he did...and yes...gave 7% with his 35/65 split I was floored.
He broke his word throughout the program, when things would fail he'd laugh it off and make another rule like, "No Negativity". Well, that good and all...but...then anyone who expresses any discord with his message he'd put down. Never engaged in conversation. Controlled every second he could. It was sad that by day two of his conference I realized that he had been near me so many times and I didn't care to turn around.
His conference did have value...but not in his conference, or message, or investment ploys.
The people that follow him are passionate! Many have become great friends of mine. But, if you love being sold constantly, then being high pressured into EVERYTHING.
After studying him it was often that I saw him do and say things that lead me to seeing that he has a scarcity mindset. The same for the guys who talks about all the units he controls (when its really a company you work for...owned by a number of people you've never met).
We are about to see a **** show in multifamily investing. I know people who are COACHING syndications and have never done one. They are speaking at conferences. People are also investing in their projects.
Grant is opening up his investments to non-accredited investors because (I'm hoping) the accredited AND sophisticated investors are the ones are walking away. People trust what they know. But, the trend is personalization, connection, and balance. This is where business is going in the next 3-5 years. If you are looking to invest, find someone who will allow you to get to know them, who communicates with you (I raised a measly $45k and the borrower was instructed to give us monthly reports because we know what our investors want, he almost ruined the relationship when he didn't follow through and raised his voice at me telling me that my investors don't know what he knows). My investors are normally other real estate investors who want a better deal, with better treatment, cause no one should be reduced to being a faceless number unless they want to be. Some syndicators are inviting the investors to learn along their investment.
Moral of the story, take your time finding the right operator. The right team can raise a diamond from the dirt, a **** team could ruin Rodeo Drive.
Note the factual number of posts removed. Most likely inappropriate, but NUMEROUS. That's not normally a good sign. Maybe, just maybe...they were expressing...negativity?
Unless you like NLP being used on you.
Thanks so much for your insight! This is just what I needed to read.
I am almost done with his book "How to create wealth investing in RE" where in the introduction he states his goal is to "one day take my holdings to Wall Street as a REIT" like you mentioned. and in the very first paragraph of Chapter one he admits to mortgage fraud: "I put $5k down and got a loan saying I would live in the house. But by the time I closed the deal I changed my mind (wink wink) and rented the property..."
As of today, 24 oct 19, CardoneCapital has a very long negative review that was rated as five star. It was someone that had previously given their rating of 1 star, where it obviously wasn’t posted, so they rated 5 stars and their negative review was posted.
After watching just a few YouTube videos I’ve seen stuff that doesn’t make me trust him too much. For ex, I just finished watching a video where he goes over a deal. He’s multiplying 10x600x12 and he says it’s 84,000. A voice in the background says “no, it’s 72k.” Grant is adamant it’s 84k. GC uses the calculator and still says its 84k! Then does it once more and after realizes he’s wrong, writes 72k and says to the person who said the correct number all along “it’s 72,000, what’s wrong with you?” To which the voice responds “you’re right.”
This may be super super small. But that type of mentality: not admitting when you’re wrong, sidestepping when you’re at fault and in return putting someone else down sounds like 1) our president and therefore, 2) not someone I automatically want to give my money to.
I was with you until you decided to bring up our president and politics for no reason. It doesn't help your statement or argument, just makes you sound childish. Stick to the facts, not propaganda and emotions.
Our economy is seeing real job and income growth past inflation for the first time in decades, by the way. This is the first time I have seen real leadership in the white house since I moved to America. Many people from countries in East Asia love our president and wish they had a president like him. This comes to me firsthand.
I presume you're a real estate investor? Donald Trump has done more for us than any other president in my lifetime in that regard. Stick to the facts, please.
I was in his mentorship program last year. I paid attention. If anyone is thinking about investing w GC passively...you just need some better exposure to deals. I have a large number of friends and high level business partners that would NEVER go a quarter without an investor update. A conscientious operator will often give monthly updates...even if its just pics, plans, or promises. It's an investors kind of HGTV...we want to see our beautification. It also help comfort people. If I took 100K off your hands wouldn't you be just slightly uncomfortable...just a little?
It seems like he let his plan slip and another friend of mine who is syndicator caught it too. He bought a property with HIS cash then sold it for a $25M premium to his investors. He DID not disclose this...when I realized what he did...and yes...gave 7% with his 35/65 split I was floored.
He broke his word throughout the program, when things would fail he'd laugh it off and make another rule like, "No Negativity". Well, that good and all...but...then anyone who expresses any discord with his message he'd put down. Never engaged in conversation. Controlled every second he could. It was sad that by day two of his conference I realized that he had been near me so many times and I didn't care to turn around.
His conference did have value...but not in his conference, or message, or investment ploys.
The people that follow him are passionate! Many have become great friends of mine. But, if you love being sold constantly, then being high pressured into EVERYTHING.
After studying him it was often that I saw him do and say things that lead me to seeing that he has a scarcity mindset. The same for the guys who talks about all the units he controls (when its really a company you work for...owned by a number of people you've never met).
We are about to see a **** show in multifamily investing. I know people who are COACHING syndications and have never done one. They are speaking at conferences. People are also investing in their projects.
Grant is opening up his investments to non-accredited investors because (I'm hoping) the accredited AND sophisticated investors are the ones are walking away. People trust what they know. But, the trend is personalization, connection, and balance. This is where business is going in the next 3-5 years. If you are looking to invest, find someone who will allow you to get to know them, who communicates with you (I raised a measly $45k and the borrower was instructed to give us monthly reports because we know what our investors want, he almost ruined the relationship when he didn't follow through and raised his voice at me telling me that my investors don't know what he knows). My investors are normally other real estate investors who want a better deal, with better treatment, cause no one should be reduced to being a faceless number unless they want to be. Some syndicators are inviting the investors to learn along their investment.
Moral of the story, take your time finding the right operator. The right team can raise a diamond from the dirt, a **** team could ruin Rodeo Drive.
Note the factual number of posts removed. Most likely inappropriate, but NUMEROUS. That's not normally a good sign. Maybe, just maybe...they were expressing...negativity?
Unless you like NLP being used on you.
Thanks so much for your insight! This is just what I needed to read.
I am almost done with his book "How to create wealth investing in RE" where in the introduction he states his goal is to "one day take my holdings to Wall Street as a REIT" like you mentioned. and in the very first paragraph of Chapter one he admits to mortgage fraud: "I put $5k down and got a loan saying I would live in the house. But by the time I closed the deal I changed my mind (wink wink) and rented the property..."
As of today, 24 oct 19, CardoneCapital has a very long negative review that was rated as five star. It was someone that had previously given their rating of 1 star, where it obviously wasn’t posted, so they rated 5 stars and their negative review was posted.
After watching just a few YouTube videos I’ve seen stuff that doesn’t make me trust him too much. For ex, I just finished watching a video where he goes over a deal. He’s multiplying 10x600x12 and he says it’s 84,000. A voice in the background says “no, it’s 72k.” Grant is adamant it’s 84k. GC uses the calculator and still says its 84k! Then does it once more and after realizes he’s wrong, writes 72k and says to the person who said the correct number all along “it’s 72,000, what’s wrong with you?” To which the voice responds “you’re right.”
This may be super super small. But that type of mentality: not admitting when you’re wrong, sidestepping when you’re at fault and in return putting someone else down sounds like 1) our president and therefore, 2) not someone I automatically want to give my money to.
I was with you until you decided to bring up our president and politics for no reason. It doesn't help your statement or argument, just makes you sound childish. Stick to the facts, not propaganda and emotions.
Our economy is seeing real job and income growth past inflation for the first time in decades, by the way. This is the first time I have seen real leadership in the white house since I moved to America. Many people from countries in East Asia love our president and wish they had a president like him. This comes to me firsthand.
I presume you're a real estate investor? Donald Trump has done more for us than any other president in my lifetime in that regard. Stick to the facts, please.
Hm. My post shouldn’t have offended you as the point of this entire thread is asking for opinions on Cardone Capital. I made a connection as to how I believe they both have the same personality type. But thanks for sharing your opinion/propaganda/emotion as well. I know people stand on all sides of the spectrum and I respect that.
I was in his mentorship program last year. I paid attention. If anyone is thinking about investing w GC passively...you just need some better exposure to deals. I have a large number of friends and high level business partners that would NEVER go a quarter without an investor update. A conscientious operator will often give monthly updates...even if its just pics, plans, or promises. It's an investors kind of HGTV...we want to see our beautification. It also help comfort people. If I took 100K off your hands wouldn't you be just slightly uncomfortable...just a little?
It seems like he let his plan slip and another friend of mine who is syndicator caught it too. He bought a property with HIS cash then sold it for a $25M premium to his investors. He DID not disclose this...when I realized what he did...and yes...gave 7% with his 35/65 split I was floored.
He broke his word throughout the program, when things would fail he'd laugh it off and make another rule like, "No Negativity". Well, that good and all...but...then anyone who expresses any discord with his message he'd put down. Never engaged in conversation. Controlled every second he could. It was sad that by day two of his conference I realized that he had been near me so many times and I didn't care to turn around.
His conference did have value...but not in his conference, or message, or investment ploys.
The people that follow him are passionate! Many have become great friends of mine. But, if you love being sold constantly, then being high pressured into EVERYTHING.
After studying him it was often that I saw him do and say things that lead me to seeing that he has a scarcity mindset. The same for the guys who talks about all the units he controls (when its really a company you work for...owned by a number of people you've never met).
We are about to see a **** show in multifamily investing. I know people who are COACHING syndications and have never done one. They are speaking at conferences. People are also investing in their projects.
Grant is opening up his investments to non-accredited investors because (I'm hoping) the accredited AND sophisticated investors are the ones are walking away. People trust what they know. But, the trend is personalization, connection, and balance. This is where business is going in the next 3-5 years. If you are looking to invest, find someone who will allow you to get to know them, who communicates with you (I raised a measly $45k and the borrower was instructed to give us monthly reports because we know what our investors want, he almost ruined the relationship when he didn't follow through and raised his voice at me telling me that my investors don't know what he knows). My investors are normally other real estate investors who want a better deal, with better treatment, cause no one should be reduced to being a faceless number unless they want to be. Some syndicators are inviting the investors to learn along their investment.
Moral of the story, take your time finding the right operator. The right team can raise a diamond from the dirt, a **** team could ruin Rodeo Drive.
Note the factual number of posts removed. Most likely inappropriate, but NUMEROUS. That's not normally a good sign. Maybe, just maybe...they were expressing...negativity?
Unless you like NLP being used on you.
Thanks so much for your insight! This is just what I needed to read.
I am almost done with his book "How to create wealth investing in RE" where in the introduction he states his goal is to "one day take my holdings to Wall Street as a REIT" like you mentioned. and in the very first paragraph of Chapter one he admits to mortgage fraud: "I put $5k down and got a loan saying I would live in the house. But by the time I closed the deal I changed my mind (wink wink) and rented the property..."
As of today, 24 oct 19, CardoneCapital has a very long negative review that was rated as five star. It was someone that had previously given their rating of 1 star, where it obviously wasn’t posted, so they rated 5 stars and their negative review was posted.
After watching just a few YouTube videos I’ve seen stuff that doesn’t make me trust him too much. For ex, I just finished watching a video where he goes over a deal. He’s multiplying 10x600x12 and he says it’s 84,000. A voice in the background says “no, it’s 72k.” Grant is adamant it’s 84k. GC uses the calculator and still says its 84k! Then does it once more and after realizes he’s wrong, writes 72k and says to the person who said the correct number all along “it’s 72,000, what’s wrong with you?” To which the voice responds “you’re right.”
This may be super super small. But that type of mentality: not admitting when you’re wrong, sidestepping when you’re at fault and in return putting someone else down sounds like 1) our president and therefore, 2) not someone I automatically want to give my money to.
I was with you until you decided to bring up our president and politics for no reason. It doesn't help your statement or argument, just makes you sound childish. Stick to the facts, not propaganda and emotions.
Our economy is seeing real job and income growth past inflation for the first time in decades, by the way. This is the first time I have seen real leadership in the white house since I moved to America. Many people from countries in East Asia love our president and wish they had a president like him. This comes to me firsthand.
I presume you're a real estate investor? Donald Trump has done more for us than any other president in my lifetime in that regard. Stick to the facts, please.
Hm. My post shouldn’t have offended you as the point of this entire thread is asking for opinions on Cardone Capital. I made a connection as to how I believe they both have the same personality type. But thanks for sharing your opinion/propaganda/emotion as well. I know people stand on all sides of the spectrum and I respect that.
Yes, I am proud of my country and president. It has given me all the opportunities I enjoy today. It's like the gift that keeps on giving.
I agree with you on Grant Cardone. His deals are not favorable for the limited partners. I can tell that very successful, and highly masculine men offend you (no idea why), so I'm sorry to hear that. That's probably the reason for their success, funnily enough.
Have you done a lot of real estate deals? The current administration's tax policies have made real estate investors very wealthy. I hope you come on board :)
You guys put to much emphasis on structure and not enough on the operator and the assets... We are offering assets you can NOT buy any other place in the world. The closest you will get is a Blackstone Reit where you LOSE all depreciation and tax advantages. We are buying assets MetLife or Prudential would own and building a portfolio we can later sell back to Wall Street. The 65/35% will beat 80/20 all day long because those guys are buying real estate for their fee not for the score. GC
@Grant Cardone
I agree 100% Grant, they are missing the point
You guys put to much emphasis on structure and not enough on the operator and the assets... We are offering assets you can NOT buy any other place in the world. The closest you will get is a Blackstone Reit where you LOSE all depreciation and tax advantages. We are buying assets MetLife or Prudential would own and building a portfolio we can later sell back to Wall Street. The 65/35% will beat 80/20 all day long because those guys are buying real estate for their fee not for the score. GC
Congrats Grant on your explosive growth! I'd love to see you keep it going at this rate.
@Grant Cardone 10X execution comes with added criticism, which according to you is a good sign! Peace, love, and cash flow my friend