Stop Doing Business With BofA!

Stop Doing Business With BofA!

Will BarnardPro Member
Moderator
Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes

Not technically a real estate company, however, due to their large amount of RE holdings/assets, this is the place for this thread.

As many of you know, there is a BP thread about the terrible business practices of BofA (Bank of America) named "the official BofA Sucks Thread"

This thread is not to talk about those instances, but to inform all and hopefully for us ALL to come together and fight this crooked corporation who is "Too big to fail"

It seems we are all in the "entitlement age" where most Americans stick their heads in the sand and continue with their entitled behaviors. We are not entitled; our country was built and strengthened by its citizens coming together for a specific cause. In the 40's, it was WWII where the men and women came together to fight for our safety against Japan and the tyranny going on in Europe. In the 60's, citizens took to the streets to protest the War in Vietnam because they believed it to be wrong.

Today, I believe it is wrong how BofA has become so large and how they take advantage of it, on our dime no less! I really do not intend to go political here, so let’s try and shy away from that road.
My sole intent here is to have all of us stick together and fight against a wrong that has been done against us and the first on that list is BofA. We all need to spread the word, use the internet, use Facebook, LinkedIn, and all other social media to spread the word.
I feel that if we can get 100,000 people who are currently banking with BofA to see the light and stop by switching to a local community bank or regional bank, we can put a large dent into BofA. If each of these account holders hold a small average of $1,000 in their account, that is a large $100M hit to BofA!! That is only the beginning, so it could manifest to larger proportions from there. I feel if we all stick together, we can get this done.

Stop doing business with BofA and close your accounts with them! Spread the word and have those spread the word. Who is with me?

2Reply
145 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
15y

I'll sign the stop doing BOA business pledge! I killed the last of my accounts with them 4 years ago and have never looked back.

While you are at it remove your funds from ALL of the big banks and put them with some small regional banks or credit unions. You're a RE investor if you visit this site and have no business dealing with these moronic institutions.

See this reply in the discussion

52 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    13y

    I am amazed at how many people I see inside this bank as I drive by in the parking lots. They just won't die with all these people continuing to do biz with them. If they all new the truth and whole story!

  • Real Estate Investor · Saint Petersburg, FL · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 951 votes
    13y

    While I would never open an account with them I have bought a number of short sales from them. On some of the lower end properties that I love to grab as rentals they've done a number of cooperative short sales with pre-approved prices that are well below market. Does it still count as doing business with them if they're losing 90% of their principal while unloading a property to me?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.