Buying from online auction site HUBZU

Buying from online auction site HUBZU

Investor · New Haven, CT · Member since 2012 · 285 posts · 175 votes

Has anyone out there used the REO auction site HUBZU to purchase a property? They like like they have great deals but I haven't been able to get anyone from their customer service on the phone so I'm concerned that this may be a scam site.

Does anyone have any experience with HUBZU.com

2Reply
754 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Tyngsboro, MA · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
13y

One tip when dealing with Hubzu: Always choose the option to select your own title company, even when it means forgoing free title insurance.

I don't trust their title insurance, their closing agent, or their practices.

When I got an accepted offer on a property, and inspections revealed an extra 20K worth of needed foundation repairs, I sent them correspondence declining to close at the contracted price, within the time limit, and offered 30K less. They came back with a price reduction of 4K and wouldn't drop any lower. I cancelled the transaction and requested they sign a release of my deposit, (which was held at my attorney). They ignored my request for 2 weeks - they didn't refuse, they just ignored me. I had my attorney threaten legal action and they signed off on the release of my deposit within hours.

See this reply in the discussion

125 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.