Conventus: Anyone Work With Them?

Conventus: Anyone Work With Them?

Mark S.Pro Member
Rental Property Investor · KY · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 537 votes

I'm considering a few DSCR lenders. I've narrowed it down to about 3. Conventus is one of them. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience working with them. Online reviews seem pretty good for the most part from a customer standpoint. Employee reviews about culture/working there on Glassdoor seem overall very bad having not so great things to say about management/CEO/etc. I did read a few posts on here about someone extremely angry about the servicer they supposedly use, Shellpoint.

They have been extremely communicative and responsive thus far in the early stages of agreeing to terms on the loan and seem very “eager to win this loan” and “win my business.”  While I appreciate their responsiveness on the one hand, the repeated phone call, followed by a text, followed by an email seems a bit much at times.  I even got an email from the CEO last night sort of randomly after speaking with someone at Conventus, telling me he started the firm 6 years ago, and expressing how he really wants to “win this loan.”  Again, I can appreciate it on the one hand but on the other hand, he almost sounds too excited and the whole “win this loan” thing seems a bit cheesy.  

Trying to look beyond the initial sales side of things that I’m experiencing now, I’m wondering what my experience with them might look like going through the process and beyond.  I would imagine it’s very transactional in nature like most loans, and ultimately my satisfaction (or not) will rest not with them, but with the servicer. Should I be looking more closely at the servicer?

Does anyone else find it a little odd how “hungry” they are?  Or should I just appreciate that a lender even picks up the phone in this environment because everyone is so busy?  Just trying to put things in perspective.  Thanks. 

1Reply
118 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2024 · 15 posts · 8 votes
1y

any updates 2 years later?

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Mark S.:

    I'm considering a few DSCR lenders. I've narrowed it down to about 3. Conventus is one of them. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience working with them. Online reviews seem pretty good for the most part from a customer standpoint. Employee reviews about culture/working there on Glassdoor seem overall very bad having not so great things to say about management/CEO/etc. I did read a few posts on here about someone extremely angry about the servicer they supposedly use, Shellpoint.

    They have been extremely communicative and responsive thus far in the early stages of agreeing to terms on the loan and seem very “eager to win this loan” and “win my business.”  While I appreciate their responsiveness on the one hand, the repeated phone call, followed by a text, followed by an email seems a bit much at times.  I even got an email from the CEO last night sort of randomly after speaking with someone at Conventus, telling me he started the firm 6 years ago, and expressing how he really wants to “win this loan.”  Again, I can appreciate it on the one hand but on the other hand, he almost sounds too excited and the whole “win this loan” thing seems a bit cheesy.  

    Trying to look beyond the initial sales side of things that I’m experiencing now, I’m wondering what my experience with them might look like going through the process and beyond.  I would imagine it’s very transactional in nature like most loans, and ultimately my satisfaction (or not) will rest not with them, but with the servicer. Should I be looking more closely at the servicer?

    Does anyone else find it a little odd how “hungry” they are?  Or should I just appreciate that a lender even picks up the phone in this environment because everyone is so busy?  Just trying to put things in perspective.  Thanks. 


     Any update on your experience with Conventus?

  • Mark S.Pro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · KY · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 537 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Mark S.:

    I'm considering a few DSCR lenders. I've narrowed it down to about 3. Conventus is one of them. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience working with them. Online reviews seem pretty good for the most part from a customer standpoint. Employee reviews about culture/working there on Glassdoor seem overall very bad having not so great things to say about management/CEO/etc. I did read a few posts on here about someone extremely angry about the servicer they supposedly use, Shellpoint.

    They have been extremely communicative and responsive thus far in the early stages of agreeing to terms on the loan and seem very “eager to win this loan” and “win my business.”  While I appreciate their responsiveness on the one hand, the repeated phone call, followed by a text, followed by an email seems a bit much at times.  I even got an email from the CEO last night sort of randomly after speaking with someone at Conventus, telling me he started the firm 6 years ago, and expressing how he really wants to “win this loan.”  Again, I can appreciate it on the one hand but on the other hand, he almost sounds too excited and the whole “win this loan” thing seems a bit cheesy.  

    Trying to look beyond the initial sales side of things that I’m experiencing now, I’m wondering what my experience with them might look like going through the process and beyond.  I would imagine it’s very transactional in nature like most loans, and ultimately my satisfaction (or not) will rest not with them, but with the servicer. Should I be looking more closely at the servicer?

    Does anyone else find it a little odd how “hungry” they are?  Or should I just appreciate that a lender even picks up the phone in this environment because everyone is so busy?  Just trying to put things in perspective.  Thanks. 


     Any update on your experience with Conventus?


    Ended up closing the loan with them.  Overall really good experience.  My primary contact left not too long afterwards and started his own firm.   

  • Member since 2024 · 15 posts · 8 votes
    1y

    any updates 2 years later?

  • Mark S.Pro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · KY · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 537 votes
    1y

    Still have my DSCR loan I got with them. Got sold to Fay Servicing. My main point of contact left them and went out on his own. Not really sure there are any updates to be expected. Are you talking to them about a loan currently?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bloomfield CT · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 408 votes
    1y

    I got left at the closing table and will never do business with thrm

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.