I’m considering purchasing a multifamily property in the Brook Oaks neighborhood of Waco, near Trice and 10th. After visiting the area, it felt pretty rough in parts, lots of streets look run down, though there are a few renovated homes mixed in. I got a lot of weird looks walking up and down the streets.
For anyone familiar with the area:
-How safe is Brook Oaks overall?
-What kind of tenants should I realistically expect?
-Is there genuine revitalization happening, or are these renovations just isolated cases?
Would love to hear from local investors or folks with firsthand experience in this part of town.
Real Estate Agent · Waco, TX · Member since 2020 · 61 posts · 53 votes
10mo
I can't speak to the safety of the area, you'll have to look that up online. I can tell you that the area has a high turnover rate, lower income residents, revitalization in Waco trails most big city markets. It's house by house in that area in particular. Downtown is getting the most attention right now from a revitalization standpoint.